connection to TV problem

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
WJJ
New Poster

connection to TV problem

I have internet on my PC but lost internet on my Hisense Roku TV 2 days ago. My network code is no longer in the available list when I scan for it. What's causing this and how do I fix it?

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@WJJ 

If you have a mobile device with the HughesNet mobile app installed, I would run a WiFi signal test at your TV's location to see how strong the WiFi signal in that area is.  I only have the Android version of the HughesNet mobile app, but you can find the WiFi signal tester under the orange plus sign on the lower right of the app.  When you tap on that plus sign, the signal tester is the middle button.  

Make sure that your mobile device is connected to the same WiFi band that the TV uses (2.4GHz or 5GHz), as whatever band your mobile device is connected to, that's the band you'll be testing.  You can usually tell which WiFi band a device is utilizing by the first four digits in the network name.  hug2 and hug5 for the 2.4GHz and 5GHz bands, respectively.

If the WiFi strength is good, see if there's a way you can "forget" the network with your TV, and then rescan for it.  Most TVs can only connect via the 2.4GHz band, but if yours can connect to either and is (or was) using the 5GHz band, try the 2.4GHz band, as it has better range.

If it's still not working, try power cycling the HughesNet modem.  First turn the TV off, then unplug the HughesNet modem at the wall outlet or power pack (but NOT by the plug at the back of the modem), wait for at least a minute, then plug it back in.  After waiting for at least five minutes, which gives the modem time to be fully back up and ready, turn your TV back on and scan for the WiFi connection.

I've done this and still nothing.
maratsade

Could this be a problem with the TV itself? Have you tried contacting the manufacturer's customer service?

GabeU

@Chantillys wrote:
I've done this and still nothing.

If you're having a problem with your TV connection, please start a new topic and describe the issue and what, if anything, you've tried thus far to remedy it.