cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data RIP OFF !!!!!!

Alum

Re: data RIP OFF !!!!!!

Hi mcdowell,

By allowing is to help you troubleshoot and with proof that something on our end is actually using up your data we can send this information to our engineers and have them specifically work on your site. There has been no such case out of 1000's where a customer has come back with results proving anything other than something on their end causing their unidentified data usage. If your case is the one out of many we'll gladly get you all the help you need. Until this test is run there is little we can do. Were here to help not waste time.

Thanks,
Chris
Assistant Professor

The graphs do not show what was going on with your devices. I have had things download in the background in the past and wondered what the heck happened. Luckily I have a router that tracks usage by device and found it was my smart TV.

Any one of your devices could have downloaded an update. It is why they ask you to test with a single computer attached by cable to the modem.
Highlighted

somebody might want the big wigs in this company to see all the complaints, thousands saying the same thing about being ripped off . I am not the only one thousands of us , and way many more that just have not posted on here. Search google and you will see they post on many other sites about this as well. SO we all are having data leaks and by the way I run netflix on the slowest possible to save data and like I stated four users since the 5.0 Gb was given to me have been trying everything possible to use it up watching netflix, youtube videos and still have not used that much data.  Data leaks haha that is funny. 
Assistant Professor

To be fair thousands don't have control over what their devices are doing like they think they do. And is only getting worse with Windows 10.
Alum

Hi mcdowell,

We'll be waiting patiently for your screenshots. 

Thanks,
Chris

I do not have windows 10

?
Associate Professor

1,491 complaints, that's less than 1% of 1% of the subscriber base....  Just saying, the ones that complain, complain the loudest and will post everywhere they can.
Assistant Professor

Didn't say you did. Was just stating a fact and those who do have it are experiencing more data usage in many cases. There are all kinds of things that can cause unexplained usage. I know you will find it hard to believe but it is not always HughesNet's fault. In fact nobody on this site has ever provided the documentation to prove it was their (Hughes) fault. Maybe you can be the first. I sincerely believe they would be thrilled if someone gave them the proof they need to send to the engineers if there really is a problem.