Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data drain....cannot find the cause

New Poster

Re: data drain....cannot find the cause

ok gwalk will do another one.
New Poster

ok here ya go.  Firefox is the high user because I have been researching routers and firmware ALL DAY.  LOL  Also do not know what is going on with dropbox.  It is not supposed to be loaded.  I have friend that sends me pedigree files.  guess she has been busy. 
New Poster

Birddog I don't know why dropbox is syncing.  It is not supposed to be running. 
Honorary Alumnus

Thanks Yorkytime.

I will prune through it better later (been up since 5am) but in the meantime BirdDog is here and his advice and experience is always good and welcome !
New Poster

thank you Gwalk
Assistant Professor

Oh man, not up for it anymore tonight either. Thanks for the props though Gwalk.

Yorkytime, look in your Startup folder for things there. Don't remember how Dropbox works anymore, been awhile since I used it. May be a setting in the interface or online account to stop syncing.
New Poster

ok will do BirdDog  thanks
New Poster

ok I use Glary Utilities.  It had two entries for Dropbox.  One was enabled on startup and the other delayed.  I disabled the first one.  But the second entry was corrupt or something.  I was able to delete the second entry.  So maybe that was the problem.
Honorary Alumnus

Yorky,
In your last screenshot, in the left windowpane firefox is selected (its highlighted ingreen),

Just under that is Host processes ..... in the left pane, click on THAT if you can and post another pic. I. Would like to see what Windows is doing that is taking half your recorded usage.
New Poster

here ya go.....