cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

data usage

data usage

How can my status meter say that I have 100% of my bonus allowance left when I first turn my computer on in the morning, and then switch to saying that I have 50% of my anytime allowance left as soon as I get on this site to ask my first question?????
8 REPLIES 8

Re: data usage

same here be creful as I have a 3 month argumnt whee HN charged me for tokens I DIDNOT order; they are terrible.  I like many can not secure any other service.
Honorary Alumnus

Patti,
You have two usage periods:
Anytime Bytes from 8 am to 2 am
BonusBytes from 2 am to 8 am
Freshman

And the status meter reflects the current period.
Highlighted

I don't think so, because if that was true, it would say that every day when I turn my computer on before 8 AM, and it doesn't.
Honorary Alumnus

Patti,
What modem do you have ?
If you have a 7000 legacy system your Anytime is 7am to 2 am eastern time.
If you have a 9000 legacy system with daily refills your Anytime is 7am to 2 am local time.

I have a 9000, but have never seen this before, even though I've sometimes logged in at 6:00 AM.

Nice!!! What idiots! I teach IT, but just wasn't aware of the workings of HN. Since I haven't really gotten much of an answer, I'll just chalk it up to a learning experience....I've learned not to ask again.

Hello Patti

I think we might have this halfway explained... Do you know if your data resets everyday or once a month? Please remember if you have a daily download allowance then your allowance will only carry over for 2 days, then on the second day will go back to showing 50%... We've since done away with this on our new Gen4 service because it was difficult to explain, among other reasons. If your data does not reset everyday and this is not the case, we can take a look at your system and see if we can figure it out ourselves.

Thanks
Amanda