Hughesnet Community

disappointed customer

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sistasista

disappointed customer

data alowance used up in less than two weeks. Why does everyone have same issue? We all can't be delusional.. the commerical says "this is the best internet service you can get  if you live in the country". One it is  not dependable. Two you must purchase more data allowance each month. So $70pm can turn into $120 pm easily if not more. Don't try streaming. Your data can be gone in a day or two... Why were we not told NOT TO DO STREAMING, or do limited use of the internet to be able to have data allowance the entire month????? We are all not teckies . 
17 REPLIES 17
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

You would get some help if you ever responded to the replies made to you.
You just keep dropping new posts and never follow up.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

As previously stated, you don't respond to the help offered.  You've created at least four posts now where you complain about  data problems, yet you never respond to any of them.   

Posting complaints and never responding eventually becomes redundant.   

Amanda

Hi sistasista, 

Sorry to hear you are still having trouble. We really do want to help you as shown in our previous replies to your other posts. Let's stick to this one. To start, can you provide us a recent case number or the serial number of your modem? 

As well, can you give us a bit more detail on a couple of things? What kind of problems are you experiencing that you would say the service is not reliable? Do you personally recall if the sales agent you spoke to when ordering providing you information on streaming with our service, or any information regarding our recommendation to stream in a standard definition to conserve data? 

Lastly... you  do not need to purchase tokens. We offer SmartBrowsing on all our latest Gen4 plans, meaning even if you go over your allowance you'll still be able to browse the web like normal, but won't be able to stream or download big files. Again, purchasing tokens is not mandatory.

Thank you
Amanda
sistasista

I do respond. Was on the phone yesterday with data allowance issues. You guys need to take a course in customer service. Don't tell me I don't follow up. But I don't have time to call everyday which I have this problem everyday. I am not the only one disappointed with the same issue. Ya'll need some serious training . Get the facts before you call yourself criticizing someone. 
sistasista

You too need to get your facts right. I am on the phone more than I want to be. I do follow the suggestions given to me as I am paying a lot of money for poor service and to hear you want to criticize me . You too need some customer service training. Who wants these issues daily???????????????? 
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

You don't reply here to the official reps trying to help. Such as this: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/solution-to-data-lost?topic-reply-list%5Bsettings...

And Amanda just below.

Not talking about the phone.
sistasista

As usual I have purchased more tokens. Same as I do very month after about two weeks of my data allowance running out. And no no one told me I could even possibly run out of data and have to pay more for tokens. Nor was I even slightly told I could run out in two weeks . Amanda at least you are professional in your responce.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Perhaps it would help if you got your support venues straight.

Phone support starts a tier 1

The official Reps here in the Community are at the Corporate level.

You have never replied to a request for information or follow up to a Community Hughes Employee.

6 hours ago Amanda requested that you post a case number from one of your phone support efforts so that she can locate your account and its details.

6 hours later you post again in the Community without responding to a Corporate level support effort.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Case number as she requested?
GabeU

Four posts and no responses until this.  This is a corporate level avenue for help.  When you post a complaint in here and a corporate rep responds, but you never respond back, that's not responding.  Phone tech support is a different method, and we aren't referring to phone tech support.  We are referring to this, on here. 

Again, zero responses, except you saying that you responded.   

It would also behoove you to respond with the case numbers or the serial number as requested by AMANDA below, who is a CORPORATE REP. 

Amanda

Hello

I was finally able to locate your account after a little digging... I see from the previous notes the users in the home are yourself, your husband and son. From the modem, I see there is an Xbox being used - assuming this is your sons, do you know what he may be using it for? There are some really big video game updates that can be anywhere from a few megabytes to sometimes even 10 gigabytes! That's half your monthly Anytime allowance! 

I see you've been a customer for a really long time - about 11 years in fact! Your son has probably grown up with the service so I am sure he understands it. Not trying to place all the blame on him, but those Xboxs are really, really bad when you are trying to save on data. While the Xbox cannot be set to download game updates in the middle of the night, it can be turned on if your son is up late during the bonus period to start the updates and he can set it to automatically turn off before the bonus period ends.  This should help a lot - I can send instructions and tips for data management with the Xbox if you need it.

There seems to be some video streaming and downloading going on too. I know you are very aware of the importance of limiting data-intensive activities when you have a capped service, but it could be possible that maybe the rest of the house doesn't know the data cost of putting on a TV show for background noise 🙂

Since you've been a customer for a very long time and I know we probably haven't done a whole lot to show our appreciation, I am going to increase your monthly data allowance and lower your bill at the same time. What I would really appreciate in return is you coming back and letting us here in the community know how your data management is going. Please do let me know if there is anything I can help with or maybe something we can give advice on.

Thank you
Amanda
gjgarmon

HOW DO I COMPLAIN at CORPOATE level???!! Been asking that EVERY one if the 10 times i called the Help line!!
I get same answer of ohhh - not kniw why its doong that - but we will check your modem AGAIN!! 1 time that i was being transferred to a real "tech" person and my call got dropped!!
I am fed up wth this company- and I tell EVERY one what a ripoff they are!!
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

gigarmon, at this point you are spamming the site.

The official reps who monitor and reply here (Official Rep beside their name) are at corporate level.

You've been asked several times to start your own post if wanting help. Top of page "New Post" button.
gjgarmon

Ofd-- i am not aware i have been notified even one time -- HOW do they notify me??
So when i hit "like" that i agree wth others, and tell of my own disappointment - is that spamming??!!! I call it free speech!
I truly have made many efforts seeking HELP here because unfortunately in the past I was NEVER given any real answers !
I WANT to get corporate level attention!!
You want case # - here are a few -
Sorry i didn't list all --
I take care of mom in nursing home wth dementia and 97 yr old dad with Alzheimers next door so i sometimes do not write down the case number if I am not at my home with computer access - they ALWAYS want to check the modem, you know.
I hope instead of being rude you can offer ADVICE.
GabeU

gjgarmon,

Start your own post.  The Official Reps, WHO ARE AT THE CORPORATE LEVEL, will reply to you.  Spamming everywhere isn't helping and is just annoying. 

START YOUR OWN POST. 

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

My ADVICE is to start your own post. Not being rude. How is it rude asking you to start your own post with what you just posted above? If you do that then the corporate people can give you personal attention.

Here is link to start your own new topic, thread, post, whatever: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/new
lreuther
New Poster

Amanda, I hope you can afford my husband and I the same type of help. I just sent an email a short time ago explaining our issue.