cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

download content

pitts2d
New Poster

download content

Unable to download content from Prime.  No problem logging on with tablet or phone. no problem with other appllications, just Prime.  keep getting "oops something went wrong, contact Amazon"   I dont think Amazon willl help since I can log on with the tablet, and even cast that content to the Roku but no tthrough the modem.  I worked 2 days ago but just stoppd.  Any suggestions?

Tags (1)
5 REPLIES 5
maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

Re: download content

Did you reboot everything?

When you say download, what do you mean? Are you trying to download a file for the content?

How do you cast the content through the Roku without using the wifi?  (sorry, I don't have a Roku, but I thought you needed the wifi to cast from it).

pitts2d
New Poster

I did not reboot because all else seemed to be working fine,  i could download content from all other apps, except Prime.  I can log on to Prime and select the user profile and see content titles, but cannot load content.  The wifi seems to be working as I can open other apps and download content from apps like tubi etc. Because the wifi IS working,I can cast Primme content from my tablet through the Roku, just not directly from the main menu through the network.  I hope this helps.  It seems like the Network itself is having difficulty connecting and downloading "Prime" content.

MarkJFine
Associate Professor

Rebooting resets the DNS cache, which sounds like may have been corrupted on the modem as well as the device having trouble downloading. The DNS information propagates across your entire LAN, but may have not yet corrupted the other devices that are working.

In this case, you may want to remove power from the modem, then also reboot the device having trouble. Once the device is up, apply power to the modem again.

The reson for this process is to prevent re-corrupting the device in question: The device will wait until the modem is restarted and will get a fresh DNS update once it is. However, if the device is restarted before the modem is turned off, it's just going to pull down the same corrupted DNS information.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

I would reboot everything to see if it clears the issue. 

Remy

pitts2d,

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

Thanks,

Remy