download speeds have cratered!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kirk Merley
Sophomore

download speeds have cratered!

For more than a week, my download speeds have been awful.  Supported by both SamKnows and Test MY.  test my ID https://testmy.net/compID/661812674268  help!

13 REPLIES 13
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Besides the test, what have you done to troubleshoot? 

GabeU

@Kirk Merley 

For testing purposes, please be sure to set up an account at testmy.net and run the tests while signed into that account.  This way the reps know for sure that the tests came from only your device and there aren't others mixed in, as the connection ID can vary, and can even end up being shared, between users.  

To post your results into a reply you can then click on "My Results" on the upper right of the signed in testmy page and copy/paste what's in the address bar.  

Lastly, if you have the standard Gen4 or 5 service, please be sure to consistently use the 25MB and 4MB test file sizes for the download and upload tests, respectively, when testing for troubleshooting purposes.    

For reference, the full testing instructions are here.

Kirk Merley
Sophomore

reboot the modem

Kirk Merley
Sophomore

diagnostics code is "fair access policy"  whatever that is

GabeU

@Kirk Merley wrote:

diagnostics code is "fair access policy"  whatever that is

That's means you're out of plan data and your service is being throttled.  

I'm in the Sam Knows program... that ain't s'posed to happen!

GabeU

@Kirk Merley wrote:

I'm in the Sam Knows program... that ain't s'posed to happen!

Hopefully when Liz is back on tomorrow she'll take a look at what might be going on.  

Thanks, Gabe.  It is still cratered...

maratsade

You will likely hear from @Liz  as soon as she has information to share with you, or has questions for you. It may take a bit. 

EDIT: resolved by Remy. 

Kirk,

Thank you very much for reaching out! The program you mention (SamKnows) was part of an FCC study which took place in 2015. Hughes no longer participates in the study. Since the program has ended, we no longer provide complimentary tokens to customers involved in the study. We appreciate your understanding, and thank you for being a valued HughesNet customer!

Thanks,

Remy

thanks for letting us know!  time to look for an alternative vendor!!!

can you tell me when and where Hughes users were notified of the cancellation of the program and the potential impact to be expected by the users?

Kirk,

The notification would've come from SamKnows/FCC that your ISP is no longer participating in the program.

Thanks,

Remy