cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.. downloading is so slow, i have the top package..

.. downloading is so slow, i have the top package..

downloading is very, very, very slow, i have top money package.
16 REPLIES 16
Assistant Professor

Re: .. downloading is so slow, i have the top package..

Carole, have you run Hughes speed tests or from Testmy.net? Can you post results here?
Junior

Hi Carole,

Have you looked into your system control center to see that everything's proper? Goto 192.168.0.1 to check.
Alum

Hi Carole,

I see this is your first post here so welcome to the community! I'm sorry to hear that you are experiencing slow speeds with your service. I would like to address your concerns. Please post a recent case number or the serial number on the back/bottom of your modem. Once we have your account info we'll be able to run remote diagnostics on your site.

Also to better assist you please connect your computer directly to the modem and run some speed tests for us to evaluate. Please run a set of 5 speed tests 3 times over the course of a 24 hour period for us to properly evaluate your speeds. Your patience and cooperation is appreciated, and we look forward to hearing back from you.
Speed test: http://consumer.performancetests.hughesnet.com

Thank you,
Chris

1st test... 5.7 sec.  2nd test 1.5 sec.  3rd test 0.9 sec.  4th test 0.8 sec.  5th test 1.9 sec.
Assistant Professor

Carole, those are the Web Response tests, need to click on the "I just want to measure download and upload speed" and run that.
Highlighted

21 mbps  2.6 mb's

Thats Fantastic. You have the Ultra Package I'm assuming.

its says... " this plugin not supported".
Freshman

You will probably have to use testmy.net to test instead. If you create an account there, it will keep all of your speed tests for you...