cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

.. downloading is so slow, i have the top package..

Alum

Re: .. downloading is so slow, i have the top package..

Hi Carole,

I'm not too sure what you are experiencing with those exceptional speeds. What are you trying to download? Unless you're running out of data and hitting FAP then those speeds are well above average. 

- Chris
Highlighted

chris.. i play mega games on line, i know that uses up my GB,  example: i went to HT100 system control center to check how many any time GB left, while i was in there, i clicked on Additional Premium Services link, it took over 4 seconds to download, now with this high speed internet that i have from hughesnet, i expected to download faster than that.  the weather is perfect here, no trees in the way of the dish.  is 4 + seconds the fastest hughesnet can give me?  hey, thanks for being there for me... Smiley Happy

4 seconds? Sounds like someone is impatient. I'm not understanding what the issue is, you have great download and upload speeds, and a pretty good web response time. 

Satellite internet takes a while, as the data has to go quite a distance. It IS NOT standard ground based ISP, and even if it was, 4 seconds is still pretty good. 
http://www.hughesnet.com/satellite-internet/#works
Assistant Professor

The HughesNet pages always seem to take longer to load for me, 4 seconds isn't that bad. Especially the http://my.hughesnet.com/ page, can take twice that. Is not my experience across the internet though, most pages load within 2-3 seconds even those with a lot of content. I do have AdBlock installed which helps speed things up. Also have to factor in the server for whatever page your visiting, sometimes if very busy it can take longer to load.

And I also have the top package, Ultra.

hey, thanks for the quick reply.  i guess its my age that's slow and not hughesnet, but i am still looking for another internet provider, having a dish really sux, bad weather botches it up.  thanks again for the response, glad your there for us... have a good evening... may talk again some time. Smiley Happy
Alum

Hi Carole,

We'll be here when you need us. :-)

- Chris

thanks chris... nice to meet you...............