e-mail delivery failure - 2

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
EMZ
Freshman

e-mail delivery failure - 2

(Note - starting new thread per Hughes net support request)

I am experiencing e-mail delivery issues over the last two weeks.  I usually do not receive an NDR until 2-3 days after sending the e-mail.  It appears to only happen on e-mails with attached documents.  On the most current NDR there are two errors attached. 

The first is an exceeded max retries without delivery.

Here is the text from the second:

X-CM-Score: 0
X-Scanned-by: Cloudmark Authority Engine
Authentication-Results: smtp02.hughes.cmh.synacor.com header.from=xxx@hughes.net; sender-id=softfail
Authentication-Results: smtp02.hughes.cmh.synacor.com smtp.mail=xxx@hughes.net; spf=softfail; sender-id=softfail
Authentication-Results:  smtp02.hughes.cmh.synacor.com smtp.user=xxx@hughes.net; auth=pass (LOGIN)
Received-SPF: softfail (smtp02.hughes.cmh.synacor.com: transitional domain hughes.net does not designate 184.53.1.144 as permitted sender)
Received: from [184.53.1.144] ([184.53.1.144:10678] helo=
 by smtp.hughes.net 
 (ecelerity 2.2.3.49 r(42060/42061)) with ESMTPA
 id 21/B2-05876-16B0AEE5; Wed, 17 Jun 2020 08:24:42 -0400
Date: Wed, 17 Jun 2020 08:23:54 -0400
Message-ID: <!&!AAAAAAAAAAAuAAAAAAAAABWNWZdXt8NFn/Vv4BHKJIMBAMO2jhD3dRHOtM0AqgC7tuYAAAAAAA4AABAAAAAggvsWqe4wS6GiNF+mW9/oAQAAAAA=@hughes.net>
MIME-Version: 1.0
Content-Type: multipart/mixed;
 boundary="----=_NextPart_000_000E_01D64480.B33CD7A0"
X-Mailer: Microsoft Outlook 16.0
Thread-Index: AQJP57ALkCsaupkegTJiCCeQ0fNirqfpdNpA
Content-Language: en-us

Posting rules removed some HTML code from error message - I can provide full error text if provided an alternate method to provide.  Thank you for your attention to this matter.
Tags (0)

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Good morning EMZ,

Thank you for your patience while we continued investigating. We used the settings below in an e-mail client and sent a test e-mail to that State Farm recipient. This was sent and received successfully as he replied to the e-mail. 

Please ensure you have these settings below and let me know if you see a difference.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

View solution in original post

I think we have it!  Changing the sending server port helped and performance has also improved in sending and receiving email.  I did not have the SSL > "on" option in your print screen but I changed the encryption setting to "Auto" (it gave me an error when trying to set it to SSL/TSL).   I did send anohter round of test messages and received successful send replies from the parties in question.  Thank you for your help in solving this issue.

View solution in original post

19 REPLIES 19
Liz

Good morning EMZ,

Thanks for the full error message, this is certainly helpful! So to be clear, if you send an e-mail without attachment to the same e-mail address, it sends successfully? 

Please private message me the e-mail address(es) to which you're trying to send e-mails with attachments, the e-mail address from which you're sending, as well as the full error message.

Are you trying to send via webmail or are you using a third party client like Outlook to manage your HughesNet e-mail account?

Since you said this started about two weeks ago, sending e-mails with attachments to that particular e-mail address used to work at some point?

Do you recall any changes to your system/settings two weeks ago?

Looking forward to hearing back.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

It seams to bounce back mostly with emails that have attachments.  I can not be 100% sure that all mail has reached intended target as I was not monitoring general mail as it was less critical.  I looked back and I had a couple of NDRs as early as April but they became more prevelant in June.

I do use Outlook most of the time.  Occationally I use web mail but it is not very convienent.  Outlook is configured per instructions found on the Hughes Net community.

I am trying to PM the full email addresses how ever I am experiencing an authentication error trying to do so.  I will keep trying.  Any suggestions on how to get info to you privately would be appreciated.

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

EMZ,

I think the only way to contact the mods on this site is by sending them a private message. 

When are you seeing the authentication error? Is this when you try to send a PM?  What does the error text say?

Hi EMZ,

Thank you for this information and for the private message with the requested e-mail addresses. Let me escalate this to our e-mail admins to address. I'll post back once I have any updates or additional questions.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

I received another NDR today.  This e-mail did not have any attachments and was a plain text note.  Here is the error received;

Reporting-MTA: dns; smtp.hughes.net
Arrival-Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2020 18:06:06 -0400
Diagnostic-Code: smtp; 554 5.4.7 [internal] exceeded max retries without delivery
Final-Recipient: rfc822; xxxxx@statefarm.com
Action: failed
Last-Attempt-Date: Wed, 01 Jul 2020 18:06:06 -0400

Good morning EMZ,

Thank you for this, I will send this over to the e-mail admins as well. I'll keep you posted on any updates as I receive them.

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

Good morning EMZ,

Thank you so much for your patience while your case was investigated. For troubleshooting purposes, please test sending e-mails via webmail and let me know if you run into any errors. I know this is not how you usually e-mail, but this is for our confirmation whether webmail poses any issue.

Then please private message me a screenshot of your e-mail settings in your Outlook client. You'll want to pay close attention to any field where your PC name is supposed to go. If there is an IP address in that field instead, please change it to the PC name and see if the errors persist.

Thanks,

Liz

Test message from web mail client sent.  I will monitor for NDR and post an update.  Please note that NDRs have often taken 2-3 days after e-mail was sent.

Setting information being PM as requested.  Thank you for your continued efforts to resolve this issue.

I received NDRs for both test e-mails today.  First test message was prior to outgoing port change and second message was after outgoing mail port change however both e-mails still failed with similar error messages.

I tried to PM  you exact error message again but not sure you received it as I received an error of reaching max number of PM reached. 

maratsade

EMZ wrote:

I tried to PM  you exact error message again but not sure you received it as I received an error of reaching max number of PM reached. 

Check your Sent folder to see if the message went through. The "max number of PMs reached" message is transitory, so you should be able to send a new message if it the other one didn't go through.

Good morning EMZ,

Thank you for this update, I'll send this over to our e-mail folks to try to locate in the logs. I did not receive a new PM from you so far.

-Liz

Hi EMZ,

Thank you for your patience while we looked into this further. Please adjust your Outlook settings to the below, as suggested by the e-mail admins:

Outbound Server: email.hughes.net

Port 587

Try with SSL Authentication required

Then try sending test emails to that address I previously gave you. Let me know how these settings work out for you. This server is newer and should be more successful.

-Liz

Hi EMZ,

Haven't heard from you in over a week, so I'll go ahead and close this for now. Please post again if you still have concerns you'd like to work out with us.

Thanks,

Liz

GabeU

@Liz wrote:

so I'll go ahead and close this for now.  

I think you forgot.  😛

LOL Thank you Gabe, I got sidetracked.

-Liz

Re-opened thread to continue working with the original poster who has reached back out.

Good morning EMZ,

Thank you for your patience while we continued investigating. We used the settings below in an e-mail client and sent a test e-mail to that State Farm recipient. This was sent and received successfully as he replied to the e-mail. 

Please ensure you have these settings below and let me know if you see a difference.

Thanks,

Liz

I think we have it!  Changing the sending server port helped and performance has also improved in sending and receiving email.  I did not have the SSL > "on" option in your print screen but I changed the encryption setting to "Auto" (it gave me an error when trying to set it to SSL/TSL).   I did send anohter round of test messages and received successful send replies from the parties in question.  Thank you for your help in solving this issue.

That's excellent news, EMZ! I'm glad changing those outbound settings worked, thank you for letting us know!

Don't hesitate to drop by the community again if you have any other concerns.

-Liz