email disappearing

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Carol141
New Poster

email disappearing

I get a notification that i have received an e-mail, but it's gone before I can read it.  I think I must have a setting wrong, but I have tried everything.  using windows 10 on pc, but it happens on my phone also.  any help is appreciated.  Carol

6 REPLIES 6
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

Carol, 

Is this with your HughesNet email, and is it on the HughesNet mail site or do you use an app to access the email?  

If not HughesNet's email, which email are you using, and again, is it directly on the email's own site or do you use an app to access it?  

it happens on my hughes.net account.  when I sign in to hughes.net and then my email, everything is gone.  I don't even get to read them.  

maratsade

This is not a real solution, but while you are waiting for one, and since you can actually log on to your HN email account, you may want to set it so it forwards a copy of all incoming mail to a different email address (say a Gmail address or whatever).  At least you'd have a copy of the emails to work with.   The setting is under Preferences > Mail.

*I am not a Hughesnet employee or representative. This is a customer-to-customer tech support community, and I am a customer.

GabeU

@Carol141

Is this something that just started happening, or are you new to HughesNet and this has been happening since day one?  

When you sign into your HughesNet email, are you seeing a number in parentheses next to your "Inbox" on the left, with the number representing the number of your new emails?  

When you click on "Inbox" (may already be selected by default, but click on it anyway), no emails are showing in the main body?  

Also, under "Preferences", when you click on "General", what is selected for "Logon using"?  Is it Advanced (Ajax) or Standard (HTML)?  

Lastly, under "Preferences", when you click on "Mail", do you see "As HTML" selected for "Display Mail"?

If those last two things aren't as shown in the pictures below, try changing them to such to see if it helps.  If you make the changes, make sure to click "Save" after changing each one.  

Logon.JPG

Mail.JPG

Hi Carol, 

It's been a while since we last heard from you, so we will close this thread. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread and include a detailed explanation so we can better assist you.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

@Carol141 wrote:

I get a notification that i have received an e-mail, but it's gone before I can read it.

Have you checked the spam and trash folders?