Hughesnet Community

email send of 9.8 mb file to 20 recipients results in an "esmtp protocol" error. Unacceptable!

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
been-there-b4

email send of 9.8 mb file to 20 recipients results in an "esmtp protocol" error. Unacceptable!

Well now, service rejection seems to have invaded the sending of emails with MP4 attachments. This is new and it happens whether it's a 17.4 mb file or a 9.8 mb file.

Send an atached file to one person and it gets sent fine, but send it to 20 recipients and you get the following error:

"An error occurred while sending mail. The mail server resonded: esmpt: protocol deviation. Please Check the message and try again."

The file has no problem, as it can be sent to a single recipient.

So why won't the system allow it to be sent to 20 recipients without creating an error?

This needs to be fixed!

w.

2 REPLIES 2
KathyVoss

Hello,

Thank you for reaching out, I would be happy to assist you regarding this issue. Please send me a private message with the SAN or the phone number registered to the account.

Kathy

MarkJFine
Professor

I realize this was a valid email from you, but to the email security system (wherever it was caught), it probably looked like a spambot attempting to deploy a 10MB malware to a number of recipients. That's usually what those look like, except the recipients are usually all listed as undisclosed (aka BCC) and it's usually something like a fake purchase order, delivery bill of lading, or something like that. System probably needs a small tweak in the detection rules to recognize the difference.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.