cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

excess usage???

Assistant Professor

Re: excess usage???

Actually, if you run a bunch when speed is high it will boost the average. I had this earlier today. If I ran a bunch around the same time that came back close to it pretty certain it would have boosted my average. I'm more concerned with the average low and if it stays low.

Speed tests are just a troubleshooting tool. Nothing I do really needs much past 6 Mbps other than it makes downloading large files much quicker and don't have to wait use the file. (Driver, OS, whatever)

Distinguished Professor IV

How does one view the member rankings?
If you go to your results, and click on Hughesnet under "Provider",  it will take you to the Hughesnet average page. Up above is the member rankings option.  Click on that and it will show the rankings. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Assistant Professor

CORROSIVE, here then click on Member Rank tab: http://testmy.net/hoststats/hughes_network_syste

EDIT: Like Gabe said.

Corrosive, those three tests you just did catapulted you up the rankings.  LOL. 

AMD FX-6100 | Samsung 250GB 840 EVO SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB DDR3-1866 | EVGA Geforce GTX 550ti | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Associate Professor
Assistant Professor

The higher speeds help when multiple devices are connected at the same time more than anything else IMO.
Assistant Professor

shh, and imagine, those are prime-time speeds >.>
My prime time speed just now Smiley Tongue  http://testmy.net/db/5xGZ3QpTh

Another who's bigger contest, lol.

CORROSIVE, why the heck aren't you running the 15 MB manual test instead of wasting all that data?
Associate Professor

Because for some reason, I have insanely high bursts...  If I try to run a 12 or 15MB test, I will get a ~35Mbps burst and then end up being forwarded.  Every time I do such small tests, it forwards to a 200MB package... LOL

A 15MB manual test shouldn't resize even if it zips through in two seconds.  Strange that it does for you.