cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

faster data for after the daytime data runs out

faster data for after the daytime data runs out

i am tired of every month running out of data 3/4's of the way through the month and being reduced to a 5kb/s crawl. even this page took 10 minutes to load that is just outrageous, i was able to watch a show and not even have the page load before. it makes no sense to be suck at dial-up speeds on an internet that clams it is "high speed" and to even be considered that you need to have at least a 200 kb/s connection. it feels like i'm being punished for using what i pay for, all i am saying is bump up to at least 200kb/s the after data is used up to back up your claim so i and others don't feel cheated every month.
40 REPLIES 40

Re: faster data for after the daytime data runs out

another thing i don't like is the fact that their only solution to this problem is spend more money for small chunks of data that never last
Assistant Professor

Purgatory, if using Bonus Bytes they are only good for 2-8AM. If you are out of Anytime Minutes you are in FAP mode and speed will be quite slow.
Bottom line is you have to learn how to manage your usage on satellite, it is not unlimited. just how it is.
You simply can not do whatever you want when you want. I am on 50/50 plan and still can not do that.
Been using satellite for 10 years now and have learned how to make the most of it. If you go with LTE you will have a VERY huge bill when you go over their cap which I believe the highest is 30GB. And they will not give you more because you complain.

i talked to my brother 2 weeks ago about his internet which is a normal ground connection that usually gets around 750 kb/s to 1 mb/s and its still faster and has no limitations he told me last month he used 143gb on his xbox alone downloading games and what not and he still pays less then we do its a strait up jack what huesnet is doing all they ever do is claim things with the only real intention is to get their fingers in your pockets and rob you blind i absolutely hate being forced to have this garbage connection because of no other big providers where i live
Assistant Professor

Joshua, most ground based services will be better because of lower latency and caps so high most customers are unaware there even are caps.
If you are in FAP mode it will be very slow.
Highlighted

satellite is pretty outdated no mater what you say it is and always will be hell you can find thousands of pages complaining about how bad it is and that its a jack but you'll never find a page complimenting it only the provider them selves brag about it when it's rather something to be ashamed of

i have no clue why you're defending a bunch of cheapskates
Assistant Professor

Not defending, telling it like it is. You can take it or leave it or continue to complain. I don't much care. Only trying to tell you the limitations of the system.
New Poster

Joshua there are a lot of very happy customers on Hughes including me and have been since 2008, where I live its either satellite or dialup, my system averages 19-21 Mbps download and 1.5Mbps upload and I dont see the evening congestion like many others 

that's great for you the highest i ever get is 3mb/s the reason you're not complaining is your spending more money to the point where it doesn't matter for you but it does for the rest of us who have smaller plans i hope you enjoy spending 200$ a month on something like internet