game download

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hawk002
New Poster

game download

how can i download a 50 gb game onto my XB1 without using ALL 49 gb left in my data cap? im not sure if it's really possible without being throttled to death. It;s the first of the month so.

(admins/moderators please feel free to move this to wherever you see fit)

2 REPLIES 2
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

You can buy tokens.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@hawk002 

You can stagger it between the Service Plan data and Bonus Data time periods or vice versa, or do as much of it as you can during the Bonus Data time period.  If you do the latter, once your Bonus Data is exhausted it will start drawing from your Service Plan data, even during the 2:00AM to 8:00AM time period.  

If you do it only during the hours of 8:00AM to 2:00AM, however, you basically can't.  You'll exhaust all of your Service Plan data, then go into FAP, unless you have Token Data, as maratsade mentioned, at which point it will start being drawn from that before going into FAP.  

To allay any confusion, data is used in the following way, with the subsequent data bank kicking in when the former has been exhausted, and with Token data only coming into play if you have some...

8:00AM to 2:00AM:  Service Plan/Anytime data  >> Token Data >> FAP (Fair Access Policy (throttled))

2:00AM to 8:00AM:  Bonus Zone data >> Service Plan/Anytime data >> Token Data >> FAP