gen5 slow as heck since first got service

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Eric14779
Freshman

gen5 slow as heck since first got service

worked with teir 4 support several times......  First time the person said he was ordering my equipment replaced, but when the tech arrived, he said he was only authorized to do a "system check"  still paying for slow down to 256 Kbs download speed fastest I have seen is 5Mbps  a far cry from the 25 Mbps  advertized.  Getting to tier 4 support is a very painfull process, trying to speak with foreign persons, who are reading a script.....

I just want my fast internet I was promised.

5 REPLIES 5
Amanda

Hello Eric,

Welcome to the community and thank you for posting. So we can begin addressing your speed concerns, please create a testmy.net account and run 3-5 tests during different parts of the day.

Post your test results link here in your thread. Please keep in mind that Hughesnet will only accept testmy.net and the official Hughesnet speed test results.

Tests from other sites like speedtest.net are not accepted due to the compression technologies and latency that satellite deploys.

Most important points to remember during this test:

-do the tests while directly connected to the HughesNet modem with a LAN cable (NO third party Router or Wireless devices can be used)

-use the 12MB size download test file ONLY if on Gen4 Service Plan

-use the 25MB size download test file ONLY if on Gen5 Service Plan

-If testing upload instead of download, you must use a 4MB size upload test file -space each test at least 5 minutes apart -post your results URL here, it may look something like http://testmy.net/quickstats/C0RR0SIVE

For a more in depth guide on running the tests, please visit: http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Pages/7001.aspx

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thank you,

Amanda

Amanda,

I have been through all that, your tier 4 support rep in Texas told me he ordered my equipment to be replaced. But when the service tech arrived he said he only was sent to do a system check....  my speed varies all over the place during a single download, and from download to download.  Time of day does not seem to matter.  Even in the middle of the night I have the same issue......   look up the ticket numbers one of them i think is  22984586.  I sm not sure, because I got so fustrated I just gave up tring to get it fixed.  The senior tech that installed the first system 6 years ago, and each upgrade since, says it most likely a bad radio....   let me say that your company's tech support is dismal at best....  I had to start all over each time I called the support line, even when I told them that this was a on going problem....  and they do not speak english well either.....

Hello Eric,

We're closing this thread since we never got a reply from you. If you still have concerns, please start a new thread so we can continue to assist you.

Thank you

Amanda

jmiklg
New Poster

I'm with you Eric.  I've had hughsnet for one week and I wish I had never signed up for it.  The response is terrible. When I clicked on Community, it took 35 seconds before the signon screen ever came up.  Trying to do speed tests and although the speed tests look good, actual downloading of screens like from FB or Yahoo take forever.  You can bet that two years from now, I will be getting rid of this.

Amanda

Eric,

We'll be sending you a technician to your home to make some adjustments. You will receive a call or text to confirm and schedule the technician's visit. I will provide them with all the information they need on what to do. Please check back in with me after the visit.

Thank you

Amanda