getting access deined on certain websites

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
drewj13
New Poster

getting access deined on certain websites

certain creditcard sites are showing up access deined on my gen 5 system.  https://www.carecredit for exsample. 

I've tried it with web acceleration on and off in the modem settings but had no luck either way. I've had no problems accessing any other site I normally visit, no minor oddities, no unusual behavior, nothing. Everything else seems to work great

12 REPLIES 12
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

I assume you are on an HT2000w and JupiterII...  The only thing I can suggest is disconnecting the modem from power for 15 minutes and plug it back up, then see what happens.  Make sure you disconnect the power at the wall, and not from the back of the modem.

Hughes is aware of and working on the access denied error, for now what I stated above is the only temporary solution, and sometimes that doesn't even work.

wilsonpartyof4
Freshman

Same here. Specifically psn sign on. I have gen 5 installed today. Everything else works great!

This is still a known problem?  We just had ours installed today with a HT2000W and many sites are reporting Access Denied, like https://www.aa.com/ and https://www.southwest.com/

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

Thanks, I'm glad this was here, but this is not a great first impression of this service.  But, nice to see the help that is given on this community.  And my installer was awesome, so that was a very good first impression.

@Liz any update on this issue?

Same problem most websites working fine acept the one I need! keep getting the same error message:

mreis.mlsmatrix.com didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Was fine until May 4, 2017!! Most fustrating when I call support, and said it is because it is a satilite system ,, ugg
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

@pgushee wrote:

Same problem most websites working fine acept the one I need! keep getting the same error message:

mreis.mlsmatrix.com didn’t send any data.

ERR_EMPTY_RESPONSE

Was fine until May 4, 2017!! Most fustrating when I call support, and said it is because it is a satilite system ,, ugg

That seems like a different error message than what the other user was getting, which was "access denied." @Liz said they had fixed that issue. 

Liz

Hi folks,

As C0RR0SIVE noted earlier, our engineers are working on resolving this. No update yet so far, but I will post back once I have news to share.

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Hi folks,

A fix was rolled out recently to address this, can you please let me know if you can access your websites now? To be on the safe side, power cycle the HughesNet modem (unplug the power cable from the power brick then plug it back in after 30 seconds) before re-attempting to access the sites in question. If you're still seeing an Access Denied error, please let me know and for which sites. If you're seeing a different error, please take a screenshot and post what you're getting instead. 

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Thanks @Liz the two sites we had issues with are now working, even without rebooting the modem.

Liz

Hi Jim,

I'm so glad to hear that! Thank you for the confirmation.