cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

has anyone downloaded 10.1 and is having problems with excessive data allowance depletion. do i had to go back tp 8.1 to resolve problem

Highlighted
Sophomore

has anyone downloaded 10.1 and is having problems with excessive data allowance depletion. do i had to go back tp 8.1 to resolve problem

has anyone downloaded 10.1 and is having problems with excessive data allowance depletion. help do i had to go back tp 8.1 to resolve problem
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Re: has anyone downloaded 10.1 and is having problems with excessive data allowance depletion. do i had to go back tp 8.1 to resolve problem

Hi farmerhugh,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Check these instructions on how to enabled metered connections: http://lifehacker.com/enable-metered-connection-to-delay-windows-10-updates-1723316525

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
Associate Professor

Re: has anyone downloaded 10.1 and is having problems with excessive data allowance depletion. do i had to go back tp 8.1 to resolve problem

Win10.1 doesn't exist... It's just Win10... If you are experiencing data loss with Win10 you may want to read the following topic as Win10 can upload updates to other users on the internet, thus depleting your allowance.
https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/disappearing-data-windows-10-updates
Sophomore

i meant 10--is there any way to stop this.  i know it updates on its own.  i am the only user
New Poster

go to your network connections and set them as metered connections
Sophomore

i cant seem to  find that,  is there a download manager that would work

Hi farmerhugh,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. Check these instructions on how to enabled metered connections: http://lifehacker.com/enable-metered-connection-to-delay-windows-10-updates-1723316525

Let us know if you need additional assistance.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

View solution in original post

New Poster

Could also be OneDrive if you set it up during the windows 10 install process, you can turn it off by right clicking on the little cloud icon in the task bar and select options and uncheck the start when windows boots then reboot your computer