Hughesnet Community

have bought a new vizio smart tv and for two weeks we have not been able to connect...same with our phones. .

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
markita45

have bought a new vizio smart tv and for two weeks we have not been able to connect...same with our phones. .

I have bought a new vizio smart tv and for two weeks we have not been able to connect...same with our phones. Signal has been showing real weak and says download not available. I have dealt with small download allowance and slow speeds and all the buffering but paying this much and nothing will connect to it is getting ridiculous. Can someone please help with this issue...i cant stay on hughes net when nothing works. Thank you for any help you can give us.
9 REPLIES 9
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Frankly this sounds more like a networking problem than a Hughesnet issue.
We first need to connect a single computer directly to the modem and verify that you have basic connectivity.

When you say that the "signal is real weak" does this refer to the modems SCC readout ir a wireless signal meter?
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Wireless only goes so far. What is distance to TV from router? And some cheap routers can't handle streaming very well even if right next to it.
Chris11
Alum

Hi Markita,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting! This definitely sounds like a networking issue. What is your router make and model number? Distance from the router is important too as mentioned. I'm sure there is something we can do to help resolve this. Looking forward to your reply.

Thanks,
Chris
rsegg

Hello Chris, I also have this issue with connecting my tv. I have a new Net Gear Blackhawk router that is 20ft.away from my TV and will not connect. I also still can not update my IPhone and watch. The technician did not find any issues with equipment. So what now? My bill is continuing to go up and I don't even use much of the 50/50 plan that is much slower than 10/50 plan. I was told to ask to be put on Jupiter II. If Hughes Net continues to oversell these satellites the service is never going to improve.
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

So how about a cable connection from router to TV? Not really HughesNet's responsibility to troubleshoot local network problems.

If you want more specific help then better to post in one of the original posts you created instead of someone else's 2 month old post which appears dead.

A new router doesn't mean it is working right or set up right. We have no idea what the tech checked and how he checked it. He checked your router or just the HughesNet equipment?
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

"A new router doesn't mean it is working right or set up right"

Isn't that a true statement.

So many things will affect a wireless connection.

QoS settings that allow transmission bias based on what is connected to the system at any given second..

Frequency load balancing between the 2.4 GHZ and one or more 5 GHZ channels

Router positioning and antenna "aim".

Soooo many non ISP related potential items on the checklist.

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

"He checked your router or just the HughesNet equipment?"

I would think just the Hughes stuff if on the Hughes "dime". Network support for only the Hughes provided D-Link router.

Any "side deals" with the installer are going to be a crap shoot depending on the knowledge and experience of the subcontracted tech.

At times Networking can be just as much Art as Science.

Much time can be spent in tracking down wireless issues.

I had a 900 MHZ cordless phone that was starting to fail in some manner. The phone worked great but it really had a bad effect on my 2.4 GHZ wireless performance.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

So many local configurations. A simple radio sitting next to the router and/or modem could cause problems. I've had lots of bad Ethernet cables in my time. Many are junk and even the good ones don't like a lot of bending and twisting.
rsegg1

The Cheap D-Link router that I bought from Hughes Net for twice the price was the first Rip Off. The second is reading the remarks by the Rude Champions after I posted to "Chris". I don't care if it was a post from 2 months ago, the issue STILL EXISTS!!! So how many people in this forum have bad routers, cables, configurations, etc.????? I don't need a Rude Champion's "so called knowledge" to tell me I don't know what I am talking about!! As for the Technician, he was a Honest Person unlike most with the Hughes Net Company. I don't appreciate your Attitude toward me or all the other people's post that you both reply to!!!!!