having to reset modem several times a day

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sapper40
New Poster

having to reset modem several times a day

Last two days modem had to be reset to connect to internet , during the day it slows and stops completely. 

when I reset , everything returns to normal for a while. went through this with tech support and after a half hour I was told your system is in FAP condition because you used your data allowance for the month.  well gee......

this is not new to me as I always run in FAP condition and have run that way for years.  Would there be  a Mod here who can hook me up with a system scan ? about 5 yrs ago a tech from HN ran one for me and found problem in under 5 min.

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@sapper40 

Though it's possible that Damian could still be on this evening, it's likely that it won't be until tomorrow that you see a reply from one of the reps.  

Hang in there.  You'll get help.

Remy

sapper40, 

I see it's your first post. Welcome to the Community! Please send me a PM at this link with your account number or a phone number attached to your account. It'll help us take a deeper look into this, and hopefully find a quick solution!

Thanks,

Remy

jimgross25
New Poster

I'm having the same issue, it started out with me thinking it was my computer and did updates to it and was getting message that my WiFi adapter driver was out of date so i updated it and was able to connect to WiFi on modem but that didn't solve the problem either. The computer looses internet connection so I powered the modem down and when it comes back up I have internet for a while until I loose it again. I have been doing this for about a week now. 

maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Jim, please start your own ticket by going to the Tech Support section and clicking on the blue button labeled "Start a topic." You can copy/paste what you have here, but you need to have your own individual ticket in order for the reps here to address your issue.

@jimgross25 wrote:

I'm having the same issue, it started out with me thinking it was my computer and did updates to it and was getting message that my WiFi adapter driver was out of date so i updated it and was able to connect to WiFi on modem but that didn't solve the problem either. The computer looses internet connection so I powered the modem down and when it comes back up I have internet for a while until I loose it again. I have been doing this for about a week now.