Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how do I schedule download times for movies

Re: how do I schedule download times for movies

My service is dish network

Good morning Jerry,

Thanks for posting. I believe BirdDog has already addressed dealing with DiSH movies:

If talking strictly movies from Dish then you need their DVR box. Problem is, that will eat through your data in a heartbeat. Far as I know the satellite TV DVRs only allow recording in HD or the whatever definition they stream with. No choosing SD or low definition. You can't do HD streaming/recording on any plan satellite internet has, will use way too much data.

Also, any time you connect to the internet, you will use bandwidth. So in watching movies, the higher the definition, the more bandwidth will be used.

-Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

how do you increase bandwidth so you can stream movies?
Associate Professor

Spectator

Jerry_SPC,

Depending on your time zone. Free Period for East Coast is from 2 AM to 7 AM.

Kimberly
Associate Professor

Kimberly,

The "free period" isn't free for Gen4 subscribers, it's a Bonus Bytes period, and is from 2:00AM to 8:00AM local time.  Even a lot of Gen3 HN9000 terminals on legacy plans are now local time as well instead of eastern.
Highlighted
Spectator

Okay. Thanks. Well, I have the HN9000 but our time is from 2 - 7 ... We don't get that extra hr. Smiley Sad
Associate Professor

You could get that extra hour with Gen4 plan, but you lose the unlimited nights that you currently have since it sounds like you are on a legacy plan.