cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

how to use my tokens

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Re: how to use my tokens

Okay.  If it's showing 2000MB where it says "Token Bytes Available", they are already in the bucket and ready to be used, which would be why there would be a 0 where it says "use" where you sign in.  With them being in the bucket, when you run out of your normal data, it will automatically change to using your token data.  You are good to go. 

As for the receipts....do you have another mail set up that they may have gone to?  A Hughesnet mail maybe?  I'm not sure about that one.  If they were charged to your credit card, you should have gotten a receipt in the mail, I believe.  Maybe the reps can help with this part when they are back on Monday.

Perhaps just the purchase of them automatically puts them in the bucket. I don't know for sure.  I've never purchased any tokens, myself.  I thought you had to click "use", too, but then again, I've had some odd things happen with the token system. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Freshman

sorry for sounding so dumb but i actually do not know since this is new (and a little confusing) to me.  i will just not worry about it and see what happens when i run out of time. i thought you could add them to the meter anytime after you bought them. guess you have to wait for them to be applied when needed. thanks.
Highlighted
Freshman

thanks for your help. so far i am not liking hughesnet so much, but this community  and the helpful people in here are awesome!  not sure about the e-mail either. will try to figure that one out. 
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

Tommy,

No question or request for help is dumb.  We all started with computers, and subsequently Hughesnet, at some point, and had zero knowledge when we started.  When I started I didn't even know how to turn a computer on.  It took me phone calls to my wife's brother just to learn how to save a downloaded file.  As time passes you'll gain more knowledge and you'll be able to help someone, too.

Again, no question is dumb.  The only dumb thing would be to not ask it. 

We are happy to help. 

What is it about the service that you aren't liking so much?  Is it something that we might be able to help with?  Perhaps some ways to save on data usage?     

But, with reference to their use, yes, they are only used when actually needed.  You can't use the token bytes instead of your normal data.  Token bytes are a safety net, if you will.  It's great to have them, and hopefully you won't need them. 

Ryzen 5 3400G | MSI B450M Pro-M2 MAX | 16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR4 3000 | XPG SX8200 Pro 512GB NVMe | Windows 10 Pro
Highlighted
Honorary Alumnus

Tommy,
It is confusing.
Normally you think of Hughes as have two "data buckets" to draw from:

Anytime Bytes (8am to 2am local)
and
Bonus Bytes (2am to 8am local)

There is however a third "data bucket" and that is the "Available Token Bytes" data bucket.

If you think about it a minute it makes sense.
A user spends money for some Token Data to get by for a little, if the value of the token was "dumped" into your regular Anytime Bytes and you did not use it all before your plan refilled Hughes would have "stolen" your extra cost data when your monthly refill happens.
Bty them have created a THIRD category (Token Bytes) to draw from when needed that Token data will remain if you refill. Its like a "reserve tank".

Maybe this will help explain it. This a view of the modem's SCC (internal to the modem)  found at 192.168.0.1

Click on the picture for a larger image:

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Do we get free tokens regularly? If so, when are they  added to the account?
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Found the answer to my question after some searching: "General rule of thumb is.. if you had Gen3 and had tokens, when you go to Gen4 they will transfer.. but you will no longer get a free one every month."