Hughesnet Community

ht 1000 state code 12.7.2

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
John

ht 1000 state code 12.7.2

I've been over 5 hours back and forth with Explornet and my HT 1000 home screen shows the state code 12.7.2,, can't find this code in any conversations here. It shows receiving @ 90 but not transmiting. The system light has not come on through out many re sets, Only the LAN, receive and power lights. Are these modems obsolete? They will be sending a technician but I thought I should look into this myself in case I'm being duped. This system was installed in Feb this year and has not really performed very well.
4 REPLIES 4
Liz

Hi John,

Welcome and thanks for posting. Hopefully your tech will replace your HT1000 with the newer HT1100. If not, definitely bring this up with Xplornet support.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

John

Thanks for the prompt reply. Yes I will see what can be done as all issues I'm having point at the modem. Explornet support had no ideas about the state code.
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

According to the "Jupiter Terminal State Code Definitions Guide", a 12.7.2 means

"Bootstrap Aloha transmission is unsuccessful"

Your guess is as good as mine as to what this means. 

People wearing old, disheveled boots with bad straps in Hawaii?  LOL.     

John

Well it must mean " your modem is toast". 
On day one I figured so much, but it took them 8 days and over 5 man hours to resolve. The technician is reluctant to swap out modems as Xplornet makes him pay for the new one?? . And no way do they hand out the HT 1100's,, obviously to me they are stumbling along and re cycling old modems. He had to try 4 different modems. He also for reasons unknown replaced the cable and head unit which was just installed in February. Not only that he charged $50 travel time.
Why did they just not send me a modem like everyone else does?? It does not take technical prowess to unplug and reconnect a modem??  Anyhow it's working again. But I'm still going to bug them to pay the travel expenses and complain about their use of outdated equipment. 
Thanks all for your help..