Hughesnet Community

hughes voice resets time on phones every day - 4 hours ahead

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MHM

hughes voice resets time on phones every day - 4 hours ahead

Recently installed Hughes Voice.  Seems to work OK, however it resets the time on my phones every day - 4 hours ahead.
15 REPLIES 15
Liz

Hi MHM,

Welcome and thanks for posting. Sounds very curious, never heard of this before, could you please elaborate? What model phone are you using for your HughesNet Voice service?

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Sounds more like your phones get the time from the internet and you have the time zone and daylight savings time set wrong on them. Guessing some kind of cordless phones.
MHM

Thanks for the responses. Cordless Panasonic wireless. There are no zone or DST settings available.  I just wanted to see if anyone in the community had experienced this.  I really dislike calling Hughes 🙂
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

What model? I don't see how the Hughes VoIP service could change the time on your phones unless there is some feature to do it automatically on the phones themselves. As far as I know the Hughes service itself has no such capability as it is made to connect an old simple corded phone that is dumb as a box of rocks. 🙂
Liz

MHM, I agree with BirdDog, the HughesNet Voice service doesn't have any control over the phone's time settings.

If you have a look at the HughesNet Voice guide, all your available settings are listed here and don't include phone time settings: http://voice.hughesnet.com/installguide/

If you give us a model number, we could perhaps point you towards that model's manual which could help shed more light on what you're experiencing.

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

MHM

Thanks for the reply but I've had these phone for a couple of years and NEVER had the time change at all UNTIL I installed Hughes Voice.  Panasonic KX-TGE240
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Not saying you aren't telling the truth just after reading the manual I see no way how it is possible as that model is a basic set it and forget it type when it comes to date and time. Guess stranger things have happened.

http://www.manualslib.com/manual/754430/Panasonic-Kx-Tge210.html?page=14#manual
Liz

Thanks MHM,

Please try setting the time adjustment to “Manual”
(off) (how to here on page 29: ftp://ftp.panasonic.com/telephone/om/...). Let me know if the time resets persist after this making this change.

Looking forward to hearing back.

-Liz

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Good catch Liz! Didn't see that when looking through the manual, I'd wager that will fix it.
Liz

Thanks! We'll see!

-Liz

MHM

Liz,

I saw that and tried it yesterday at 4:34 PM EDT, so if it holds past that time today it may be the fix.  Thanks!!
Liz

Good morning MHM, 

Did the time reset since you did the manual adjustment Friday?

-Liz

MHM

Yes it did but doesn't matter any longer as I cancelled Hughes VIOP.  Couldn't use FAX because of latency, terrible delays on calls, etc.  But thanks to all for the assistance.
Liz

Sorry to hear that, but thank you for confirming that the manual adjustment resolved the persistent time resets. It's useful to know in case another HughesNet Voice subscriber comes by with a similar concern.

-Liz

pacetree
Junior

The Panasonic phones read the time stamp from the caller ID data.  Terrestrial LECs always send local time.  VOIPs generally send GMT.  Older models of Panasonic phones do not have a way to set an offset when they receive a time stamp in a different time zone.