cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i just wabt my Service Cancelled. I was Lied Too!!!!

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Re: i just wabt my Service Cancelled. I was Lied Too!!!!

Amanda has offered you the 50/50 Ultra Plan, if that isn't enough data for you then satellite internet will not work for you. 

At low definition of 300 MB per hour 50 GB will provide over 150 hours of streaming per month.
Highlighted
Distinguished Professor IV

If I wanted to watch a bunch of on demand programs I'd take that deal, no doubt. 

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Five hours of streaming per day is a lot of viewing. She does mention "other shows" besides Netflix. I'd bet those shows are being streamed in something other than low or standard definition.

Smart TVs will also eat data in the background updating the apps and firmware.
Highlighted

No doubt.  I know some offer definition adjustments, but others don't.  Even if she takes the offer to upgrade to the  50GB plan, she'll still have to be careful and watch her data. 

I think that even if I had unlimited FIOS or something I wouldn't watch a lot of on demand programming.  I find it hard enough to find the time to watch what's on now.  LOL.  Maybe an occasional movie, but I could do that now.  I received some tokens for something and it's enough to watch a few high def movies, but again, I have enough to watch for now.     

AMD Ryzen 5 3400G | XPG SX8200 Pro 500GB M.2 NVMe SSD | Western Digital Blue 500GB HDD | 16GB Corsair DDR4-3000 | Windows 10 Pro 64-bit
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Bottom line, satellite internet can not replace cable or satellite TV as sole source for movie and TV viewing.
Highlighted

Newby here wondering how to lower the resolution setting on Netflix and other services.

Any help would be appreciated.

Bill
Highlighted

https://help.netflix.com/en/node/87

You can go there to find out how. 

That's just for Netflix.  Other services have their own ways, but you normally have to do it at the provider's end, not at yours.

Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Can take 8 hours for the change to take effect with Netflix. Be careful with Amazon Prime, they don't have a way to set it, much is sent in HD.
Highlighted

I switched to hughes because I only wanted ethernet so I could watch netflix and hulu.. I explained this specifically to the salesperson
Highlighted

Amanda how much is this going to cost more me.