cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

i was told i had unlimited data......

mrsunclej

i was told i had unlimited data......

I was totally lied to by customer service, I was told I had unlimited data, but it would slow down after i used 60. Now that I finally figured out how to find the dashboard it says I have a total of 60 and it slows down after 10!!!! I am very unhappy, watched 1 movie and two 1 hour tv shows and now it runs 5 minutes and buffers for 10 on my smart tv, I am pissed!

Note: This conversation was created from a reply on: Data usage.
4 REPLIES 4
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Re: i was told i had unlimited data......

Also best to start your own post with a previous case number if you would like individualized help. Streaming movies or TV in HD can use 3 GB per hour, even more.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

mrsuncle,

Lied to or misunderstood ?

There is world of difference ... only a review of your sale call will tell the difference.

I have been a Hughes subscriber for 12 years and in that time Hughesnet has always been a defined data capped service.

Presently all new plans on all Hughes platforms have a "daytime usage period" known as Anytime Bytes (8am to 2am local) and a "night time usage period" know as Bonus Bytes (2am to 8am local)

You will draw data from one source or the other depending on the time of day/night.

There is a third "data source" that may be available to you and that is "Token Bytes Available".

Token Bytes are blocks of data that you may purchase or you may receive from the result of Tech Support effort.

Tokens are used to maintain your speed during the Anytime time period if you have depleted your allowance.

Hughes has ALWAYS had CAPS, it has ALWAYS had USAGE PERIODS ... ALWAYS.

It is a capped service. Once you exceed your allowance for a period your speed is either greatly reduced or some plans have a "SmartBrowse" feature that allows normal speeds for "low data draw" activity.

You never really have your service "shut off" but then again unlike many capped cellular plans you never are hit with any "overage fees" either.

The decision to purchase Tokens at extra cost is totally up to the subscriber and is never added automatically.

You can also check your status in the Modems internal SCC (System Control Center) that can be found by entering 192.168.0.1 into your browser.

Here is  graphic I have prepared the explains the two "data buckets", three really if you have "token data" available.

(click on the picture for larger image)

Chris11
Alum

Hello Monica,

Thanks for posting and welcome. I'm sorry to hear of your experience since subscribing with us. I have gone ahead and requested your sales call for review. If we find that you were misled you may have recourse. Once I hear back I will get back to you asap. We appreciate your patience and cooperation as we help to address your concerns.

Thank you,
Chris
Chris11
Alum

Hello Monica,

I was able to review your sales call and I have an update. After listening to your interaction with our agent I have concluded that you were misled during the call. This agent will be coached so that in the future this does not happen with another potential subscriber.

We apologize for the inconvenience this has caused and I want to make sure we take care of you. So, we have a few options here. You can either cancel the service with no fees, or we can move you to one of our top tier plans at a significant discount. Maybe even matching what you currently pay for the service. It is up to you how you would like to proceed. Please let me know so that I can get the ball rolling. We hope to hear back from you soon.

Thank you,
Chris