iMessage: images fail to upload

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

iMessage: images fail to upload

For the last 10 days, images are not being delivered by iMessage on iPhone and iPad. The upload gets stuck and the image fails to send and an error message is displayed. This only happens on the HN network; does not happen on other networks.

Sometimes when trying to resend the image, it finally goes through after 15 or 20 minutes, but often it gets stuck again.

Other things work just fine: browsing is fine, streaming is fine. Dashboard all green, state code 0.0.0.

I wonder if you all could check this and see if it may need a tweak on your part.  Thanks! 🙂

76 REPLIES 76
Liz

Hi maratsade,

Thanks for bringing this up. Our engineers just started rolling out a fix to address this two weeks ago. Let me check if they've finished the rollout, because if not, I'd hang tight until then.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Hi maratsade,

The engineer would like to know if this issue happens all the time or if it's limited to a certain time of day/night.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

maratsade

All the times we've tried it -- early morning (around 7 am), midmorning, afternoon, and evening (before midnight). 

Thanks!

Thanks! I'll let the engineer know.

-Liz

maratsade

Update 3/1/2020

• Images still do not load on the HN network, but work on other networks
  • icloud.com is unreachable on the HN network, but works on other networks  <-- Update, again: this problem, which had been going on for a few days, spontaneously resolved itself about 90 minutes after I posted (whaaat?), so please disregard.   The images not loading in iMessage still persists.

Good morning maratsade,

Thank you for the updates. These images in iMessage, are they incoming or outgoing?

-Liz

maratsade

Sorry, should've included that. Outgoing. 

Thanks maratsade!

I'm updating engineering now. I'll let you know once I have any news I can share from them.

-Liz

maratsade

Thanks for moving my posts here, Liz.  🙂

You're welcome! Just got off the phone with engineering, they'll monitor and run some tests on your site over the next few days to see why your outgoing iMessages may not be working. I'll post back once I have news.

Thanks,

Liz

Hi maratsade,

Can you please test if iMessaging works normally for you now and a couple more times in a few hours as well? The more data points engineering has to reference, the better.

-Liz

maratsade

Away from home until later tonight. Will test tonight and then again tomorrow morning -- hope this is OK?

Sure!

-Liz

maratsade

OK, sent images last night, around 11 pm or so and again this morning, about 7:50 am.

The images go through, but very sloooooooooowly. This is an improvement from not going through at all. 🙂

Thank you! I'll let the engineers know.

-Liz

maratsade

Upate, 3/10/20 @ 7:45 AM: An image I'm trying to send via iMessage is stuck at about 90% and hasn't sent. This is the same issue I had when I first posted. 

Good morning maratsade,

Thank you for this news, I've sent this over to engineering to investigate. Once I have any updates for you I'll post back.

-Liz

Good morning maratsade, 

Can you please enable this LQ Image Mode setting and let me know if that makes a difference?

Thanks,

Liz

maratsade

Implemented suggestion and at 10:49 am, not much change -- still super slow loading and sticking at the end of the upload, so it takes several minutes to load.  Will test again later and tomorrow.  Thanks for the suggestion! 

Thanks for letting me know, looking forward to seeing how it goes later and tomorrow!

-Liz