cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage: images fail to upload

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

iMessage: images fail to upload

For the last 10 days, images are not being delivered by iMessage on iPhone and iPad. The upload gets stuck and the image fails to send and an error message is displayed. This only happens on the HN network; does not happen on other networks.

Sometimes when trying to resend the image, it finally goes through after 15 or 20 minutes, but often it gets stuck again.

Other things work just fine: browsing is fine, streaming is fine. Dashboard all green, state code 0.0.0.

I wonder if you all could check this and see if it may need a tweak on your part.  Thanks! Smiley Happy

76 REPLIES 76
Highlighted

Re: iMessage: images fail to upload

Hi maratsade,

Thanks for bringing this up. Our engineers just started rolling out a fix to address this two weeks ago. Let me check if they've finished the rollout, because if not, I'd hang tight until then.

Your patience and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

Hi maratsade,

The engineer would like to know if this issue happens all the time or if it's limited to a certain time of day/night.

-Liz

If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Highlighted

All the times we've tried it -- early morning (around 7 am), midmorning, afternoon, and evening (before midnight). 

Thanks!

Highlighted

Thanks! I'll let the engineer know.

-Liz

Highlighted

Update 3/1/2020

• Images still do not load on the HN network, but work on other networks
  • icloud.com is unreachable on the HN network, but works on other networks  <-- Update, again: this problem, which had been going on for a few days, spontaneously resolved itself about 90 minutes after I posted (whaaat?), so please disregard.   The images not loading in iMessage still persists.
Highlighted

Good morning maratsade,

Thank you for the updates. These images in iMessage, are they incoming or outgoing?

-Liz

Highlighted

Sorry, should've included that. Outgoing. 

Highlighted

Thanks maratsade!

I'm updating engineering now. I'll let you know once I have any news I can share from them.

-Liz

Highlighted

Thanks for moving my posts here, Liz.  Smiley Happy