cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iMessage: images fail to upload

Highlighted
Distinguished Professor II

Re: iMessage: images fail to upload

Yeah, it worked for about 2 minutes and now we're back to the blank screen.  @MarkJFine has blamed all of this on CL. 

lighthope1 wrote:

Dropbox is a blank screen for me, and I have business files I need to get off there.

Did I hear someone say it may be a CL problem?

Highlighted

BTW, and I don't really know what this means, but I've pinged dropbox.com and it's normal, and traceroute is normal too, even though the dropbox site doesn't load. 

Highlighted
Senior

Is routing arount CL feesable?  I don't recall where they are on the path.

They just seem to be an unrepentant problem child.

Highlighted

Update 4/2/2020

Google Drive -- won't load  (had worked for 2 days, but now it's back to a blank page)

Dropbox -- won't load (blank page)

iCloud -- won't load (error message)

Highlighted
Associate Professor

@lighthope1 wrote:

Is routing arount CL feesable?  I don't recall where they are on the path.

You can't route around a gateway's only pipe to the internet. Just as HN is our provider, CL is essentially the other end of the HN part.

The only way you get around them is by replacing them, and since they've basically bought up most of the nation's major high bandwidth carriers (Level3, Qwest, Embarq, Savvis) the likelihood of easily replacing them in any given area is slim.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted

In a word, we are fuffed.

@MarkJFine wrote:

You can't route around a gateway's only pipe to the internet. Just as HN is our provider, CL is essentially the other end of the HN part.

The only way you get around them is by replacing them, and since they've basically bought up most of the nation's major high bandwidth carriers (Level3, Qwest, Embarq, Savvis) the likelihood of easily replacing them in any given area is slim.

Highlighted
Associate Professor

Interestingly enough, I had no problem with Github this morning, but Akamai (and any MS updates) is dead in the water.

EDIT: Well, Github *was* working. Dead now.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.
Highlighted

Things are clunky for me today, and the trinity (iCloud, G-Drive, and Dropbox) is MIA.  Yesterday Dropbox was in a teasing mood: it'd work for a few seconds, then go back to being unavailable. On and off, all afternoon. 

@MarkJFine wrote:

Interestingly enough, I had no problem with Github this morning, but Akamai (and any MS updates) is dead in the water.

Highlighted

"Well, Github *was* working. Dead now."

Yep. It mocks you, just like Dropbox.

Highlighted
Associate Professor

@maratsade wrote:

Yep. It mocks you, just like Dropbox.

I must've snuck in while someone was updating the .htaccess file.