cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iPhone can't connect to HughesNet Gen4 via Apple Airport

iPhone can't connect to HughesNet Gen4 via Apple Airport

I have an iPhone running iOS 9.1 and an Apple Airport. The iPhone says it is connected to the Airport and the Airport Utility says it is connected to the internet, however the phone is not able to browse the internet (Chrome app throws error ERR_NAME_NOT_RESOLVED). All other household devices (PC, laptop, WiFi-only iPad, Smart TV) connect to internet via AirPort fine with good speed.

I already tried resetting the router, restarting both router and phone, resetting phone network settings, nothing worked. During my install (1 day ago) the phone was able to connect with the installer's router, but I was told my existing AirPort would work better for our home network.
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Assistant Professor

Re: iPhone can't connect to HughesNet Gen4 via Apple Airport

I would start by making sure the Airport software/firmware is up to date: https://www.apple.com/support/airport/downloads/
Junior

Hi garcias2014,

Here is a link that might be helpful: AirPort + Wi-Fi - Apple Support 

Don  Smiley Happy
Alum

Hi Garcias,

Thank you for posting and welcome to the community! Were sgoshe and donsjgm's suggestions helpful to you? If all other devices are able to connect with no problem it leads me to believe that the iOS version coupled with maybe an outdated firmware as sgoshe mentioned would be the cause of this. What iOS version does you WiFi only iPad use? Looking forward to your reply.

Thank you,
Chris

Hello,

have confirmed that the Airport's firmware is up to date (7.7.3). The iPad is running iOS 8.1.3. The iPad is no longer able to connect to the internet, however both devices are able to connect and control the Airport via Airport Utility.

I regret to inform you that this turned out to be a simple user-error issue! I had the cord running from the modem into on eof the Airport's man Ethernet ports, just not the correct one (the one at the bottom, labled with a circle of dots). Reconnected, restarted, and everything seems to be working properly. iPhone and iPad both connected.

Thanks for you help!
Alum

Hi garcias,

Sounds good!

- Chris