cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris11
Alum

iTunes/Android App Store Updates - Feedback Needed

Hi All,

We appreciate all the feedback and troubleshooting that has been provided to help us thus far. Our engineers this past Sunday, completed tweaks to all Gateways in regards to software updates using the app stores. Most of you should be seeing improvements. Normal slow downs due to peak hours or system load are still expected. However if you continue to see a significant slow down or intermittent connection issue arise, please let us know so we can continue updating our engineers with feedback.

This announcement thread will be the go to place for any customers still experiencing unusual slowdowns. So, to reduce the influx of potential posts, and create a better way to track continued concerns. We are politely asking, that you refrain from posting every single update as it arrives. Take note of important info as you go, and post if you feel performance is still not improved based upon the pattern you see. Makes it easier to escalate further details to engineering, who we've decided to send updates to twice a week. If you are generally seeing improvements, positive feedback is always welcomed too :-).

Thank you,
Chris

48 REPLIES 48
Wadebear

I've been sitting here an hour waiting on a 51.91 MB update to finish on Android.  It's at 30%.

The same update on iOS finished in about 30 miniutes.
Wadebear

If anything it's worse.  I may have to drive back into town to finish my updates.
daniel c
Sophomore

Last night I try to get an app, and it said can't connect to App Store
daniel c
Sophomore

Now my speeds are around 1mbps in the afternoon, and everything is slow. YouTube buffers ,my updates on everything is slow such as the PS4 and it just started a couple of days ago.
Wadebear

I did finally have to drive into town to get my updates so I could play the new event on Tapped Out.
Wadebear

This morning my speeds are ok.
Chris11
Alum

Hi All, 

Checking in to see if anyone has new feedback to share.

Thanks,
Chris
mweasner
Sophomore

Updates via Apple stores still doing well here but have seen two oddities.  Sometimes get an invalid security certificate for Apple servers in iTunes (Mac). But iOS app downloads in iTunes still OK.  Frequently about a 1/3 into app download, the download will pause on its own.  Sometimes it restarts after a few minutes, but sometimes I have to manually pause the download in iTunes and then resume the download.  Never saw  these problems prior to whatever changes were made at Apple or HughesNet back in August 2016.
ninasue70

I haven't been able to download Itunes update for a very long time.
Also when I log into my Hughes acct, I get logged in but the page won't load.
I couldn't buy tokens if I wanted to.  Also my computer is verrrry slow.
Wadebear

How is this still not fixed?

I just did the every-other-day updates on my Android tablet.  Not as slow as sometimes, but it still took quite some time.
starhouse

Android updates are still way slower than it used to be.
starhouse

Has anyone else noticed that Play Store Updates work fine during the Bonus Period? I checked at 6:00 AM Central and my updates cruised right along at about 1 MB per second, just like it used to.
starhouse

Android updates started working again last night. ☺
mweasner
Sophomore

Tue 25 Oct 2016 0705 MST: Dowloaded iOS 10.1 via OTA on my iPhone 6s Plus. Download only took a couple of minutes (200+ MB).  However, as was the case when HughesNet was having speed issues in August and September, the verification step FAILED.  It said the iPhone was no longer connected to the Internet (but obviously still was connected). Had to do the verification step with Wi-Fi turned off.  It was then successful using AT&T LTE.  So something is still sick with HughesNet and Apple.
Wadebear

Tonight's Android updates are as slow as molasses in the winter in Mananas Massachusetts.
starhouse

The last few days has gone back to very slow Play Store updates and now it's slow during the bonus period where it used to be ok. Actually everything has been slow this week.
Wadebear

Well yesterday night (ahhh.. you know what I mean) I did my updates and they actually downloaded at a decent rate.
debbie.jean.bro
Advanced Tutor

Hey Chris,

Gateway 43, beam 13 reporting. I've always enjoyed excellent speeds, usually between 20-28 mbps, except from about 8:00-11:00 PM, Pacific time, when it slows to around 11-17 mbps. I haven't noticed any issues with the App Store. The other night I did 14 app updates and it took about 5 minutes total. I should note I don't have any video games.

As always, thanks for the great service! 🙂
starhouse

Still slow for me.
starhouse

Hi Chris;
Still painfully slow, any updates for us? It was working a couple of weeks ago for a couple of days but now it's back to super slow again.
Thanks
memahellen

I'm here to tell all of  you that Hughes Net is the worse internet that I know of. I would not recommend it to anyone, My computer is sometimes so slow. Pages won't load, trying to stream Nextflix takes 3 hrs to see a 1 hr show. Forget this and go with somebody you know.