cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chris11
Alum

iTunes/Android App Store Updates - Feedback Needed

Hi All,

We appreciate all the feedback and troubleshooting that has been provided to help us thus far. Our engineers this past Sunday, completed tweaks to all Gateways in regards to software updates using the app stores. Most of you should be seeing improvements. Normal slow downs due to peak hours or system load are still expected. However if you continue to see a significant slow down or intermittent connection issue arise, please let us know so we can continue updating our engineers with feedback.

This announcement thread will be the go to place for any customers still experiencing unusual slowdowns. So, to reduce the influx of potential posts, and create a better way to track continued concerns. We are politely asking, that you refrain from posting every single update as it arrives. Take note of important info as you go, and post if you feel performance is still not improved based upon the pattern you see. Makes it easier to escalate further details to engineering, who we've decided to send updates to twice a week. If you are generally seeing improvements, positive feedback is always welcomed too :-).

Thank you,
Chris

48 REPLIES 48
Wadebear

I've been downloading a 26.11 MB update to a game on one of my Android devices for the past hour.  It's at 58%.
Chris11
Alum

Hi All,

Please post your last experiences now. If you have fluctuations that is normal. However if it's continuous let us know. 

Thanks,
Chris
starhouse

Ok, I did Android Play Store updates at 6:30 am central today and they were fast. I waited until 8:00 am when the bonus period was over and tried more updates: extremely slow. I'm way under my FAP limit, I have all new hardware (modem, tria and coax).

It seems to me that there's a setting in the standard, non-bonus time that is throttling the connection to the Play Store that is opened up during the bonus period. Can other users test this too?

Thanks,
Rob
rsegg

My husband and I still had issues trying to update IOS after it downloaded. I had to use my cell phone data to complete it. This was on the second update which was less than a month ago.
rsegg

I also still had the same issue with mine and husband phone too.
rsegg

I am seeing the same issue with speed slow down off bonus time with windows and ios.
Chris11
Alum

Hi All, 

Thanks for all the feedback you've provided us. It has helped tremendously. With that said we'll be closing this thread. Each persons experience seems to vary and change. Which is all dependent on what time of day and the load that each service currently has on it. If you continue to experience a consistent slow down. Please create a new post with your specific details. The more info the better. Our engineers did make changes to address all of the experiences customers have had. Anything going forward will be taken via a case by case basis.

Thank you,
Chris