cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

iTunes updates/downloads are ridiculously slow - Everything else seems OK - No FAP

postcardzone

Re: iTunes updates/downloads are ridiculously slow - Everything else seems OK - No FAP

Chris,

With Apple just releasing a new iPhone, the updates will really flow heavily for a while.  It is good to know that HN is aware of the issue and is following up.

thank you and godspeed
Katie0
Admin

Re: iTunes updates/downloads are ridiculously slow - Everything else seems OK - No FAP

Just came from Network Engineering.  Thanks to your help, they've identified the problem and are working on the resolution.  Continue to post your status and we'll keep you updated as we know more.
maratsade
Distinguished Professor III

That's awesome -- thank you, Katie and Chris!
postcardzone

IT WORKED !    but only for 2 days  Smiley Sad

I had download speeds from the app store back in the old range for the past two days.

Then, this morning, a 79 mb update was showing 21 minutes to complete, so put the phone on wireless only and with 3 bars LTE, the same file completed in roughly 30 seconds.

Hope this gets resolved on a continuing basis
potterivy
New Poster

I keep having to shut off wifi on my phone and iPad in order to update Apple apps.  With 2 bars 3G the downloads are decently fast, but with wifi they aren't finished even when left overnight. That doesn't help me, though, when I need to update apps on my laptop.  Glad to know I'm not the only one.
Dayvv Brooks

Still slow on iTunes updates and Windows updates. Any updates from Network Engineering?
Chris11
Alum

Hello All,

We have an update on the iTunes/Android app store issues some customers are having. 

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/updates-from-itunes-and-android-play-stores-reall...

Any new info will be posted in the thread link above.

Thanks,
Chris