cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hooterville
Senior

incomplete internet?

Good morning,

We are experiencing some trouble with our internet.  I can receive email but I can't send email.  We are also unable to stream anything.  What could the problem be?

Thanks,

Mary S.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

Maybe try clearing your DNS cache:

1. Turn off all of the devices using the modem (all phones, iPads, computers, etc.)

2. Unplug the modem's power from the wall socket.

3. Wait a minute, then plug the modem back in.

4. Wait about 5 minutes after all the lights on the modem are back on, then turn all your devices on one-by-one.

View solution in original post

Email issue may be something unrelated. The streaming issue was caused by a corrupted DNS cache entry that propagated across your LAN. In general, if something isn't working correctly, try to immediately reboot the modem before it propagates across the network and is picked up by peripheral devices. If it still doesn't work, if can be rectified by doing the procedure @maratsade provided, which also clears the bad entry on those peripheral devices.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

View solution in original post

15 REPLIES 15
maratsade

Mary, check your modem page (http://192.168.0.1/#!/home/status). What's the State Code?  Check it especially when the problem is occurring. 

Hi maratsade,

It says 0.0.0 fully operational, but it clearly is not

Mary S.

Also, when we try to stream something we get a message that says that the network is unstable,

Mary S.

Try rebooting the modem by going here.

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

Nope, still not working.

Mary S.

By the way MarkJFine,

When I clicked on your link I got this -  So I restarted the modem by unpluggin it.

Your connection is not private

Attackers might be trying to steal your information from 192.168.0.1 (for example, passwords, messages, or credit cards). Learn more

NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID

This server could not prove that it is 192.168.0.1; its security certificate is not trusted by your computer's operating system. This may be caused by a misconfiguration or an attacker intercepting your connection.

Proceed to 192.168.0.1 (unsafe)

maratsade

Maybe try clearing your DNS cache:

1. Turn off all of the devices using the modem (all phones, iPads, computers, etc.)

2. Unplug the modem's power from the wall socket.

3. Wait a minute, then plug the modem back in.

4. Wait about 5 minutes after all the lights on the modem are back on, then turn all your devices on one-by-one.

Hello Maratsade,

I did as you suggested.  We are able to stream now, but I am still unable to send emails.

Mary S.

maratsade

Mary, I'm glad you can stream again.  As for emails, do they work if you use HughesNet webmail on the site, as opposed to via a mail app?

Hi Maratsade,

I've tried sending from my computer and from my phone using the mail app broth from home with hughesnet wifi, without hughesnet internet and just cellphone data and I also tried at the store today with the store's internet.  When ever I try to send an email from my computer it says message not delivered.  when I try sending from my phone is says the connection to the server failed.

Mary S.

Hello Maratsade,

I experimented and tried sending an email to someone different.  It seems that email that I am trying to send to an att.net account is what is not working.  How can that be fixed?

Mary S.

maratsade

That's peculiar. What message are you getting when you try emailing the att.net account?

@hooterville wrote:

Hello Maratsade,

I experimented and tried sending an email to someone different.  It seems that email that I am trying to send to an att.net account is what is not working.  How can that be fixed?

Mary S.

When ever I tried to send an email from my computer it says message not delivered.  when I try sending from my phone is says the connection to the server failed.

A short while ago I tried replying to a group email that the att.net email was a part of. That time the email went through. Maybe it was just something that had to do with the original email that wouldn't work. It's strange, but is working now. 
Thanks for your help.

Mary S.

maratsade

I'm glad it's working now, Mary, 🙂

Email issue may be something unrelated. The streaming issue was caused by a corrupted DNS cache entry that propagated across your LAN. In general, if something isn't working correctly, try to immediately reboot the modem before it propagates across the network and is picked up by peripheral devices. If it still doesn't work, if can be rectified by doing the procedure @maratsade provided, which also clears the bad entry on those peripheral devices.