cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet outage??

internet outage??

Currently don't have any access to the internet. I've power cycled the modem and router and still no access. Started having problems yesterday by not being able to access the mobile and desktop versions of Facebook and now am getting nothing.

We are experiencing strong winds, live in Iowa, but I've had no problems connecting during our previous winter storm which included heavy snowfall and winds just as strong. Therefore I don't believe it could be weather related but will certainly not rule it out.

I'd post the number off the modem but I just made the trek upstairs and am fighting a cold. I'll go ahead and post it in the morning if needed.
9 REPLIES 9

Re: internet outage??

I understand . with the buffering every 2 min of play it is taken me so far 45 min to watch 10 minutes worth of The Blacklist. This is why Im forming the legal action group against this company. We are being lied to and still being lied to when they tell us to get a higher priced package to fix the problem. As I said before "Im tired of some rep calling themselves techs because they sit behind a screen and read off instructions on what to do when a problem arise, plus if they did know you can't understand them anyway. Join me and lets show them that they just can't keep treating PAYING customers this way.

It almost seems that you've used up your data quickly by watching/steaming videos. If so...then yes, you would be having difficulties trying to watch episodes/videos. I experienced that problem too but learned from it.

I've had no problems with them. If it's an issue That can be resolved... Awesome, why complain? Maybe I'm still in the honeymoon phase, but eh, it's about the only option I got. I had success with my precious issue being that I couldn't access Playstation Network due to Sony suffering DDOS attacks but Hughesnet and Sony both found solutions. How's that not helping already?

I agree it's expensive, I had cheaper and faster internet. I decided to move out with my fiance and am now experiencing the challenges. They explained to me what I was "signing" up for. I put the quotes because apparently there's controversy about that. I listened and agree, quick hughesnet contract search tells me exactly what they told me. I'm ok with the service because I've been able to do what I've always done before, play my online games. If what satisfied with achieving the same experience as before, I'll gladly pay for a service that allows me to, even if it's THE only option I have out in the country.

My reply has in a way turned into a rant. I agree customer service should be a better experience, I've had someone hang up on me when I called and I was furious, but I was lucky to get an extremely helpful representative on my next call that I wish they'd be my go to person. I've come to enjoy the forums because I see Amanda being super helpful and Charles being an awesome supporter. And I'll be honest, I like seeing a community based support system. It's all about being patient and helpful.

But thanks for trying to help me "solve" my current outage. If things go downhill I'll debate about joining your um....movement? I'm a game nerd so the way you mentioned the whole "JOIN ME AND TOGETHER....." seemed pretty funny to me....apologies if offended, I'm sleep deprived and fighting a cold and tend to be pretty thoughtful.

Toodles. Smiley Happy

Update:

Everything is working fine. I have full access. I guess it may have been the weather or a ninja fixed it Smiley Wink. If someone looked into it, thanks...if not...thanks anyway haha.

Vicente, i' one of the less experienced member of the community base forum ,and this IS the place at anytime to tell your concerns and to get problems solved , with Hughes-Net Reps backing us up !   we will help if you wish !!! but to get to you ,properly, you needd to start your self a new post of your own as to address your issues and please post a case no, or the ESN  no. ,other-wise known as your serial number on your modem , located either on the bottom or back of you modem so as a Hughes-Net rep can id your location , and a little birdie singing in your ear ---- call if you wish but repost in the new post area  so you will no over looked !!! and help you can get if yo just ask and please no phone no's, or DSS numbers  just case or serail number  only , thank you for your time , to just let you know the community base forum are all members just like yourself and pay Hughes-Net, our money just the same as you , just members who take the time out to help other people in trying to lead you in the right direction !!!  do not get me wrong i am not trying to sway you either  way it's your choice if want help or not ,    tust me on this one this beats phone or chat sessions any day of the week , you have a good day , sir !!!

I have been without internet since Monday.  I called Hughesnet and they say it is an issue with the Satellite in my area.  No idea when it will be back up.  I am in Iowa using Gen4, is that close to you?  if we don't get it by the weekend, I may have to consider other alternatives.   

Adrian, your not forgotten !!  LOL !!   by the way i liked your comment before ,  and if problem does come back repost and will try to help !!!!! but enjoy and hope you have a great day !!!!
Assistant Professor

Susan, you should create your own post for the best help. Post a case number or serial number from the back of the modem. No SAN number.

Susan,  please start a new post so as not to lose you in another"s post and easy to do ,  and when posting always post a case no. or a   ESN no,  ---serial no, in other words ,  located either on the bottom or back of you modem so as Huges-Net Reps can locate file ,   please no DSS no. nor phone or addresses, please , this is for your security.   Thankyou for your time  and am just a customer like you ,just part of this forum to help others    you have a good day and we will try to help and Hughes-Net rep backs us up or takes over and you will find out you will find better service here than phone or chat anyday of the week !!
Highlighted

Hi Adrian,

I am happy to see you've come back to us when you need support! This must have been a ninja fix since we were not in the office when you posted the issue. Glad to see you're backup and running - as always, let us know if you need anything.

Thanks
Amanda