cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

internet speed boosters

internet speed boosters

So my internet is pretty slow, I was recommended by a Hughes Net help support person to buy an internet speed booster.... Has anyone tried these things? If so, what is a good brand to buy?
6 REPLIES 6
Honorary Alumnus

Re: internet speed boosters

In a word "snakeoil".
Are you in FAP ?
Enter 192.168.0.1 to see the modems SCC
Assistant Professor

Speed booster? If you are talking about your WiFi signal then might have meant a repeater.

Good morning jlitton,

Thanks for posting. I agree with the others, best thing to do is not add something else on top of your network to improve speeds, but rather optimize what you already have. 

We've run remote diagnostics on your site to determine if there was anything wrong with the HughesNet equipment and their connection to the satellite, and so far so good.

So that we may get a better idea of what speeds you're getting, please connect your computer directly to the modem and run some speed tests for us to evaluate. Please run a set of 5 tests 3 times over the course of a 24 hour period.

Speed test: http://consumer.performancetests.hughesnet.com

Your cooperation, patience, and understanding are much appreciated.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

All those things do is lower your Graphics Quality so pages load faster don't waist your time.

I used Propel web accelerator for years on dialup. Worked fine, it stores the constant data on the site so it doesn't have to be sent every time you go there. Stay off Facebook, it sucks up data like rip! When Linda used FB we had to have 100 GB and buy tokens. Since she passed I now use 5 GB with 50 Bonus.

its for my Xbox one actually... yes I'm well aware that Hughes net is not ideal for online gaming.  When I have updates, which I have to wake up at 2am to do :-l , it takes hours... I bring it to work and use their dlc internet it takes no time at all.  I was told when I signed up for your service it was a fast as dlc downloading.  I live in a rural area and this type of internet is my only option. I'm still convince that kid ya'll sent to my house didn't know what he was doing... I mean who gets on top of a roof while it is pouring rain and lightening?  And we told him where the box need to be but instead of going though my closet like he should have he ran the cord though my window... across the room.  I had a cord running across my bedroom floor when I got home.  This has since been fixed but no one has checked his handy work on the roof.