javascript error

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robinlaber
Freshman

javascript error

javascripterrorCapture.PNGusersfolderCapture.PNGappdatafolderCapture.PNGhughenetusagemeterfoldercapture.PNG

I'm sorry for all the photos, but my javascript runtime error does not correspond to the error others are recieving and my folder configuration does not correspond to the solution instructions.  I have no visible appdata folder in my user folder, however, when I did a search, there is an invisible appdata folder that contains no files within it.  There is a visible appdata folder in my user folder under the folder Default.migrated, and this appdata folder is also empty.  The only anomoulus thing I see in my task manager is that under the statup tab, I have three instances of the meter app, two of which I've disabled.  There is no option for deleting these and there are no icons showing on my startup toolbar nor in my hidden icons, where the status meter used to dwell when I opened it. 

taskmanagerstartupCapture.PNG

I've uninstalled and reinstalled both Java and the hughesnet status meter multiple times. rebooting, only installing the status meter, installing the status meter first, installing Java first, and nothing changes.  The script error remains and remains identical to the first time it appeared, after upgrading to the HughesnetGen5 satellite and getting the new status meter.  Also anomolous is the fact that when I go to uninstall the meter, I recieve an error message that it is running, but there is no visible instance of it anywhere on my desktop.  Can anyone please help me figure this out?

Email me when someone replies
Message Tags

View discussion in a popup

Replying to:
Vampy
Freshman

Re: Usage meter javascript error

I think I fixed it.  My Java was not showing anywhere on my PC including in Add/Remove programs in Control Panel.  I downloaded the java uninstaller file named JavaUninstallTool.  I ran it but it couldn't find the file to be deleted.  That worried me.  I downloaded the latest version of the Java installer named jre-8u121-windows-x64.  When I ran the file it saw I had Java installed (now I was really worried) but it gave me an option to install and repair so I tried that.

Before I installed this new Java I had uninstalled The Hughesnet Meter and that folder.  After I ran the Java installer and repaired I again ran the Hughesnet installer again with fingers crossed.  It installed this time with no errors and is running in my system tray.  When I mouse over it, it now shows my allowance.  I'm not sure if this will help the others here with problems but it's worth a shot.  Thanks everyone who tried to help and answered so quickly.

Hughes02.png

Tags (0)

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

@Robinlaber

You probably have to change your folder view to show hidden folders and files so you are able to see the AppData folder and its contents.  

Capture.JPG

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4
GabeU

@Robinlaber

You probably have to change your folder view to show hidden folders and files so you are able to see the AppData folder and its contents.  

Capture.JPG

@GabeU wrote:

@Robinlaber

Capture.JPG

Thank you so much.  It was a long day and I ought to have thought of that.  I will be back to let you know if this fixes my troubles. 

@GabeU

Done and Done.  Thank you. 

GabeU

@Robinlaber

You're welcome.  I'm glad you were able to fix it.