cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just a quick question about uploading

just a quick question about uploading

I have the best plan that you have and if I had a YouTube channel how many videos should I upload a month they're usually around 8 minutes long and I flim with a video camera till I get a capture card in a couple of months I know uploading takes up data but how many videos?
3 REPLIES 3

Re: just a quick question about uploading

Hi the game room 9,

Welcome to the community and thanks for posting. The video's file size also depends on the quality at which you're filming. I found this neat site that could help you figure out about how big your videos may be: http://www.hdslr-cinema.com/tools/filesize.php?w=1280&h=720

Hope that helps.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Honorary Alumnus

The answer is : how large, in megabytes, are each of the completed video files.
Your data allowance is based on file size, not time.
How many you could upload in a month depends two things, your plans Anytime Bytes and Bonus Bytes allowance and what time of day and night you do the uploads.
As an example, I have the Ultra plan:

Anytime Bytes allowance is 50GB (50,000 MB) per month between 8am to 2am

Bonus Bytes allowance is also 50 GB (50,000 MB) per month between 2am to 8am.

Your plan allowance may be different. Check the info on the modems main page for your data allowance by typing 192.168.0.1 into your browsers address bar.

and never in HD  unless you like watching your data meter in action ,,,SD  it will take a lot less data !!!   just commenting !!!!                Morning Gwalk900 & Liz !!!