cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

just canceled my service before trial period

just canceled my service before trial period

This is not for me. I burn up 10 gigs in a few days or even a day. I'm going back to cable internet. Didn't know how good I had it til I got hughesnet. Anyway should I know anything like hidden charges? The lady from hughesnet said my credit card would not be charged anymore. True or false, because frankly I don't want to pay another cent for dial up speeds dressed up like broadband.
12 REPLIES 12
Assistant Professor

Re: just canceled my service before trial period

If you had cable, not very smart to go to satellite in the first place. 
Highlighted

I know.double dumbass on me...lol:-)

Me three, I got totally ripped off $45 to start on the low plan, upgraded to Gen4 since I was told that my family uses lots of data;$70 for their router because mine was supposedly not compatible, but it is working now with another service for $10; $75 first month bill for the difference of upgrade, $200 second month used up free tokens and 1 GB is cost more than my cell family data plan, $400 for disconnection that was taken out my account with out my authorization and during this whole process NO internet for two months! POOR SERVICE and a GIMMICK!...I'm back cable internet sorry for leaving, we do not have time to be fighting with modem, router issues, or constantly trying to watch how much data is used!

Larretta,
I figured there scam out pretty fast. First thing to tomorrow I'm going to my bank and deactivating the debit card hughsnet has on file for me and getting another. They won't have a chance to take me for anything else...it will be the best $5 I'll spend this year!

I wish I could have changed my account but this is the account that pays my house and car notes. I've called several times letting them know we're not happy with service the only resulotion was they'd deduct $30 for six months instead of $20 for three months for the Pro service, but still there would be no better internet. We have not received the return box for the reciever and modem and it's been three weeks, or they'll supposedly charge for that too; but I'll stop payment on that if that happens!

Keep on them about the return boxes. You've only got 45 days after your service is deactivated to return them. You know they wont ask questions they will just hit you with equipment fees.
Admin

Lauretta - if you're sure the address on file is correct and you haven't received your box by now - something is wrong. We can check on Monday and manually push out a box. Just coming to this community and telling us what happened will help you. We can override the 45 days - if needed. Watch for feedback on Monday
Honorary Alumnus

"Thank you, Obi Wan Kenobi. you are our only hope ........."

Opps !
Thanks Katie for keeping on eye on the forum !!!!!!

L A R R E T T A.... is my name, thank you. They have the correct address according to this email copy. I cancelled the week before the second month mark, so this is going on third week and this is what I got in my email but not the boxes at my address.

Thank you for choosing UPS. Please review the following UPS order details and contact Customer Support with any changes.   Service Order Number: 38558513   Origin Address Hughes Networks c/o UPS SCS UPS-SCS 2230 Outer Loop Bldg 4 Louisville, KY 40219 US 866-347-3292     Order Accepted time:  Wed 10/08/2014 at 12:18 GMT  Placement Time: Wed 10/08/2014 at 12:18 GMT   Destination Address: baker,larretta - 5949 _____________ BATTLEFIELD, MO ____ US 417 -------     Delivery time: Fri 10/10/2014 at 17:00 CDT   Your flight plan is as follows:      Inventory Items: Item #  Rev Designator Description Serial#    Lot#  Init. Rsv.  Ship. Status                                                     Qty   Qty   Qty -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1039604 0              KIT,                         1     1     1     shipped   -0002                  HT1000,                                                                         LEASE                                                                           RETURN                                                          Shipment Dimensions and Content: Qty L    xW    xH         Weight      Content Type     Shipping Bill -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- 1   13.0 x12.0 x11.0  in  2.0     lb  Inventory Items  1Z7AF3880320024319           Total Pieces: 1 Total Weight: 2.0   Reference Information: Field                     Value                                    ------------------------------------------------------------------ Delivery No.              0081470397                                         RMA No.                   000301500671                                       Billing Code              60000865267070000                                  CRM RMA No.               1772563                                            Originating Company       HUG                                                Buyer Id                  HUG                                                Order Submitted           20141008                                           Hughes LOS                GND                                                Customer                  baker,larretta                                     Hughes Warehouse          MEM3                                               Method of Payment         TP                                                 Ship To Code              RMA                                                Ref 13                                                                       iARS Label                                                                   Part No.                  1039604-0002                                           We appreciate your business and look forward to serving you in the future. Please visit https://www.upspostsaleslogistics.com to track your order or contact Customer Support with any questions.     UPS Customer Support   All orders are subject to your contracted agreement and our Terms and Conditions of Service.