losing data

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
farmerhugh
Junior

losing data

For the last month, we had blown thru most of our  10 gb halfway thru our month for the first time in ten years.  we have been down one computer since thanksgiving.  and for the last few months i have been using my iphone  for as much as possible not connected to hughs network. Could someone please check out things from your end .  I would really appreciate it.  i've done all i know to do   Thanks

7 REPLIES 7
GabeU
Distinguished Professor IV

What's with all of the white space?

SorryvGabe. I don’t understand what white space your talking about.thanks for your help.  

GabeU

@farmerhugh wrote:

SorryvGabe. I don’t understand what white space your talking about.thanks for your help.  

Sorry, I never got a notification of your reply. I was referring to all of the whitespace in your original post. After "Thanks" there's a ton of whitespace, then a 9, then a ton more whitespace, then another 9. 

I had to reduce the size of the page to fit it all in, but this is what I mean...

Screenshot 2023-03-20 at 8.56.56 PM.png

maratsade

You may want to install the free app Glasswire to see where the data may be going. Do you stream? That eats up lots of data, and 10 GB can go in a couple of days .

i do have Glasswire...we don't stream I wou;ln't  dare and we have   dumb appliances.  Could you please run the tests you do,  I am not real smart with computers and the last two times there were some problems when thet did Thank you.

farmerhugh
Junior

I thought someone was working on this.  Can no one try those tests for us.  Once again we are losing data and glassware does not show us anything.  I am getting a lot of this page cannot be displayed as well as your connection was interrupted.  I’ve been with Hughes for a very long time and have not been a major complainer.  If you can help it would be appreciated.  Thanks

@farmerhugh

Thank you for reaching out again. From what I can tell the PC connected to the network uses the most on average although it is not normally alot. Since you have a 10GB plan it can be used up pretty quickly with big updates/short videos or even downloading webpages with lots of media or videos playing while you scroll. Also, some phones will automatically connect to the available WiFi as well and you may not even realize. This happens with phones/devices that were connected to the WiFi network at some point. Forgetting the network in the WiFi settings should solve that issue.  -Damian