cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing contract

missing contract

I spoke to hughesnet and was told that the person that did the installation had me sign a two year contract. I never sigbrd a two yesr contract. I was told to contact the installer and that I could get my contract that I supposedly signed through them. They told me they did not have one. So apparently my contract is missing. Hughesnet cannot provide me a copy of a contract that I did not sign.

When I agreed to this service I was told that I would be under no contrace but that there was a one year rental fee for equipment. (Which has passed ) Now I am unable to cancel my service due to this said contract that Hughesnet can not provprovide any evidence of me signing or agreeing to. What is my next step?
35 REPLIES 35
Assistant Professor

Re: missing contract

Brandon, when the equipment is installed the installer has you click an acknowledgement on the computer that you've read the contract, which is online.

Not very upfront as the installer can do it without your knowledge but the way it is done. Nobody I know of has received a paper contract upon installation.

So even though I was told there would be no contractual obligations this installer could have had me click an acknowledgment button without informing me what it was of or could have told me it was for something else entireky? And by doing so I would have agreed to a two year contract without knowledge of doing so?

OH.MY.GOD. This company just proves to be better and better.

I was told there was not contract as well. I also never EVER discussed a land line. Which was installed. and the bill is $30 more. So I guess I can assume I now have a two year contract and I really did say I wanted a land line?  yeah, i'm sure.  Funny, I've not had a land line in over 15 years and all of a sudden I say I need one. 

Ok, month two is almost over and the first two months had new surprises... bring on month three Hughes Net.... 

What is there to prove that the installer even showed this to me and didn't click the aknowledgementbox himself.
Assistant Professor

Nothing.
Assistant Professor

A land line? Hughes has nothing to do with land lines. Do you mean VoIP?

true story...call installation company they should have given you a card with their name on it then ask to speak with a supervisor and tell them you want the equipment picked up..it's a pain but just keep going up the ladder cause that's about the only way to get their attention...it's not Hughes net it's the installer...also try and find an 800 number log a complaint if that doesn't work threten to sue that will get their attention
Associate Professor

Brandon Michael, can you please post a case number from one of your recent calls, or the serial number off of the sticker on the back or bottom of your Hughesnet modem?  Please do not post your phone number, home address, or your SAN/DSS.

Also, to view your contract please visit http://legal.hughesnet.com/Home.cfm

Thank you for providing the link however this is my first time seeing this contract. Like I said, when I first contacted Hughesnet about their services I was told specifically that there would be no contract and that I was free to cancel at any time without receiving any fees aside from the circumstances of equipment damage or not returning the equipment.

When the service installer came to install your services, I again asked about a binding contract and was once again time there was not one.
When I called to cancel my service I was then and only then told about my so called "contract obligations." Upon explaining to them that I had never consented or signed a contract, I was informed that you could not provide me with a copy and that the service company that installed your equipment would instead have it.

Upon calling them, I was informed that they do not handle contracts nor keep them. So currently Hughesnet has no way to prove that I have signed a contract and or agreed to any terms and conditions.

I have my case number at home regarding the current issue at hand. I am currently not home and do not have access to the case number for around an hour or so. I apologize for that, but I am struggling to understand how I could be under a contract if I have never even been told about said contract or seen a copy of the actual contract itself until today.