cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

missing contract

Re: missing contract

The installation company has been more than helpful with this issue. It is hughesnet that is saying I am breaching contract terms by choping to cancel my service early. Even though I was told that I was in no way under a contract.

Choosing*
Associate Professor

Well, someone had to sign something, as the modem doesn't allow internet access till someone accepts the contract.  When service is installed, and a user attempts to visit a page for the first time, the modem displays the contract, then requests the user to sign it and click submit, if they don't then the modem never allows internet access.

After you provide a case number or serial number, on monday or Tuesday the CSR here will look into your account details, and also request a copy of the sales call to see what happened during the sale of your system.  They will also pull your signed contract.

Okay. Sounds great however. What is stopping the service installer who installed this from accepting the terms when he got the Internet instaled and was walking me through the process of getting online? Once again I have never seen that contract at all. That is the confusing part. I just don't understand why the first representative was adamant that there was not a two year contract. I would have not have agreed to a two year contract had I known. I just feel slightly deceived with this product and company right now.
Associate Professor

Sadly, nothing can keep the installer from accepting or signing the digital signature.  This is why I suggested a year ago that Hughes revamp the system to make it impossible for the customer to not read the contract.

Yes and many of us have had our installer click through the online contract without our knowledge.
Assistant Professor

A simple PIN number given to the customer would make it secure so only the customer could continue.
Associate Professor

My question as well. I tried the hughes phone service, it uses the satellite, it didn't work. I got a real at and t land line because my cell doesn't work out here in the wilderness.

The installer situation is a benefit to hughesnet, as many people would cancel if they saw the contract upon installation. what is more, it is on hughesnet and they are responsible and it could even be taken as they support and even tell installers to do this. because I know that over 8 months ago hn employees were aware of the problem and did nothing. and I know that 6 months ago the corporate office said they were "looking into it". and Charles you said it has been a year or more? I did file a complaint on this with my state ag office, it is consumer fraud. and it needs to stop. also, installers need to leave a copy of the installation contract with the customers, that is way too shady also.