cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my download allowence was suppose to be at 100% as of 12am already it is 85 % used --- NO WAY-- # 830010694104a6

my download allowence was suppose to be at 100% as of 12am already it is 85 % used --- NO WAY-- # 830010694104a6

my download allowence was suppose to be at 100% as of 12am already it is 85 % used --- NO WAY-- We did Not even use it last night ! . # 830010694104a6
27 REPLIES 27

Re: my download allowence was suppose to be at 100% as of 12am already it is 85 % used --- NO WAY-- # 830010694104a6

Need too reset Chris Hendricks Allowence !

Re: my download allowence was suppose to be at 100% as of 12am already it is 85 % used --- NO WAY-- # 830010694104a6

I Will not sit by and get Ripped Off My download Allowence!Just so hughs can Sell me TOKENS. fIX THE problem.

Wow.. Ok, Chris, calm down a bit here please!  There are no tech's in until Monday EST time.

They will need some info from you also. Either your modem number or a case number.
New Poster

Chris could you describe you home network? brand and model of you router and all connected devices, cell phones, laptops, desktops, TV's, any devices that connect to your network either wired or wireless and maybe we can find the cause, its possible its on hughes end but still need to make sure its not a rouge device like a smart tv or something that updated.
Assistant Professor

And what plan are you on? If the lowest 5GB Anytime one, that is not hard for something to burn through.

What does it show here for your reset date?  http://192.168.0.1/

New Poster

Very good point

I've experienced the same thing... Wasn't even home!

Hi Chris, we all understand you are upset problem is those whom have responded thus far are CUSTOMERS just like you!! We have absolutely no way of knowing what plan you are on.

You are absolutely correct, that PHONE support is available 24/7   however this is NOT Phone support. This is the community forum to which if you had bothered to glance around before lashing out you would have seen on the right side of the homepage: Official Hughes responses will be provided 24 to 48 hours after your post is complete (barring weekends and holidays). Employees are usually on around 9am Eastern time and will be on catching up with ALL the weekend drama till roughly 6pm eastern time... Please be patient, I'm sure they'll get to you soon enough and as others have explained a bit more info may help you reach resolution faster!!

Good morning Chris, 

Welcome to the community, I'm sorry to hear you're frustrated, but hopefully we can help address your concerns about data usage. We were able to find and review your account with the serial number you posted, thanks. Looks like when you called in yesterday about the usage, our phone rep gave you plenty of tokens for the inconvenience.

The case notes indicate that the router was connected overnight when there was usage. Keep in mind there are countless factors that can use your data:

- more devices are capable of connecting to the internet: phones, tablets, gaming consoles, SmartTVs, and even refrigerators can connect wirelessly to the internet. Keep track of what devices you leave running on Wi-Fi.

- automatic-updates: your computer and any other programs you use will often keep working in the background, even if you're not actively using that program, in order to keep your system/program up-to-date. Anti-virus programs will periodically use your internet connection to check back with their malware database for any updates. You should have an option to turn off auto-updates and/or schedule them for a later time.

- multimedia content: Netflix, Hulu, YouTube, Facebook, Tumblr, Instagram, news sites, and other websites will contain videos, animated gifs, and sound clips that may start playing as soon as you land on the site. So much content, so easily available almost everywhere on the internet. For starters, try disabling auto-play video on Facebook:
https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/how_to_disable_autoplay_videos_on_facebook
or adjusting your Netflix playback quality to SD:
https://help.netflix.com/en/node/87

- more data sources can be found here, as posted by a fellow community member: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/data-usage-sources-common-and-not-so-common

To help you monitor your data usage and other performance metrics, we’ve gathered resources for you here, which also includes community
recommendations: https://community.myhughesnet.com/hughesnet/topics/track_your_usage_performance_speeds_and_view_tips...

The most important tool to download is the Status Meter, available in the Customer Support Center, so download that if you haven’t already:
supportcenter.myhughesnet.com

If you have any concerns about the HughesNet modem using your data, follow these steps:

Please take care in cropping out your SAN while taking the screenshots.

Let us know if you have additional questions we can address.

Thanks,
Liz
Please create a new thread in the community if you have a question or need help. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.