cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my modem is so slow

Highlighted

my modem is so slow

can someone please help, my computer is running slow and i think it is the hughsenet service. i would let you come over to my house to help me if you like if you promise you are not a perv 
50 REPLIES 50

Re: my modem is so slow

Try unplugging you modum and rebooting it some times resetting will fix the problem
Honorary Alumnus

MissJean,

The forum mods are gone for the evening but we might be able to get things moving a little better.

The first thing is to post here a previous case number if you have one.

If not, post the serial number from the sticker on the bottom or rear of the modem.

Not your SAN, email or phone number.

That will alow the Hughes employees to look up your account details in the morning.

In the meantime, open the modems Control Center to see if you have used all your data allowance (are in FAP) or if you have an error condition listed.

You can find the modems SCC by entering 192.168.0.1 into your browsers address bar.

I would like you to look for a reply by me to another user that has 9 pictures and some text that will give you some background but mostly we are interested in the info from the very first picture.

Near the top of that pic are two "icons" marked as #1 & #2.

On your system are they both "green" ?

If not tell us what you see.

That post can be found here:

https://community.myhughesnet.com/hug...
Honorary Alumnus

Check the error codes first as doing a hard reset will wipe out the logs !

i will try my best

dont have a case number as this is the first time ive had any issues, and this looks so confusing but ill try it step by step and see what happens

most of the green lights are all lite up like a christmas tree, they are so pretty

but what i did do was unplug it from the wall first for a minute and presto, they all lite up.

now i can relax and go soak in the tub with a bubble bath, my body is aching for some sort of release, my feet are sore too. 

thank you for helping me

looks like i forgot to log on and see if it made a difference

i tripped over my high heel shoes laying in the floor but im ok, just a little scrap on my knee (thats what i get for walking around my apartment naked).

but im ok will try the internet and see if its faster

well it is better so far, that seems to have fixed it.

plus i took my bath so i feel much better

i need to go rub some lotion onto my skin, if only i had a boyfriend! 
Assistant Professor

Lol Gwalk! It appears you've been punked. This post really did give me a a laugh. Thanks MissJean, whoever you are! Marilyn would be proud.