cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

my modem is so slow

Honorary Alumnus

Re: my modem is so slow

Purg,

Hughes modems are self-hosted since the DW6000 series.

There is no software and as such there is no "modem driver" for the modem itself.

Well at least I Googled "something" for her to do which is what she should be doing huh? I would!
Honorary Alumnus

You can not put a Hughes Modem into "bridge" (or any other) mode as they are non-configurable.

I have windows 8 .  No router, I am set up as the Hughesnet person set it.  I am connected wired...
Honorary Alumnus

Janet,
I'm on my tablet at the moment so I can't post any screenshots.
a direct connect wired conception should be a plug and play operation.

I think sgoshe runs Windows 8 . Maybe he will see this post and post some screenshots on his Win8 network settings so you can compare them to yours.
Assistant Professor

I have never had the problem and think it goes deeper than just the network settings. Here is post on Microsoft site. Very lengthy to fix but all I can suggest.
And Janet, if you have 8 and have not updated to 8.1, you should. That may be part of your problem as 8 has some networking bugs.
Go here:
http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-networking/how-do-i-resolve-error-651-on-...

on some issues , Microsoft's , Mr Fix it  can scan and resolve some issues in windows and Microsoft issues
Assistant Professor

Don't think there is one for this particular problem.  Smiley Sad

yea ,that Mr Fix it     on solves minor issues !!!
Alum

Janet,

Thanks for your reply here. As sgoshe has mentioned, have you checked out the link he provided regarding your Win 8.1 update issue?

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_8-networking/how-do-i-resolve-error-651-on-...

Please let us know if you have resolved your issue here, or let us know if you need additional help.
Thanks!

- Warren.