need competent kind help please

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mnash
Freshman

need competent kind help please

One of the reasons paying to terminate, aside from painfully slow speed, is the unethical and rude behavior of the people on the other end of the line. 

How the bleep am I supposed to send back your radio???? At least DISH sends packaging for the modem. Ridiculous how bad Hughes Net service is. Is there anyone at the company who is not a crook, not rude and wants to help?

Maybe you can hike my wheelchair up to the roof for me...

Also, how much do I love playing pin the tail on the label, hoping to find something that works....

20 REPLIES 20
maratsade
Distinguished Professor IV

They do send you a box and a prepaid label. 

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Do you have someone that is able to climb on the roof to retrieve the radio.

Then you could pack the box. Remember to take photos of all items in the box for proof that everything was mailed to HN.

Reggie

You're getting hundreds to terminate because service has sucked. Don't see why you can find someone to hook up but not come pick up.... Crazy....

maratsade

Back up your claims with evidence, please.Where do you get the numbers?

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Don't see why you can find someone to hook up but not come pick up.... Crazy....

If HN sends someone to your house they will charge upto $125.

Maybe one of the mods could take a few mins. to reply to this post.

maratsade

Because it's a business, not a charity. 

@

Don't see why you can find someone to hook up but not come pick up.... Crazy....

If HN sends someone to your house they will charge upto $125.

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Because it's a business, not a charity.

Do you know how to read? The OP is in a wheelchair. How does he get to the roof?

maratsade

Your comment is irrelevant and does not turn HN into a charity.

Reggie wrote:

Do you know how to read? The OP is in a wheelchair. How does he get to the roof?

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Your comment is irrelevant and does not turn HN into a charity.

Have it your way. Maybe I don't speak ENGLISH well enough.

maratsade

Only you can determine that. 

@Reggie wrote:

Maybe I don't speak ENGLISH well enough.

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

You never understand anything I post. All you do is disagree with ever post I  make.

I'm done with you.

Have a good day.

maratsade

OK, Reg,

Ok you two... don't make me come up there...

j/k

* Disclaimer: I am a HughesNet customer and not a HughesNet employee. All of my comments are my own and do not necessarily represent HughesNet in any way.

These comments are ridiculously rude. How about spending some of that energy serving your freaking customers

GabeU

@Mnash wrote:

These comments are ridiculously rude. How about spending some of that energy serving your freaking customers

This is a peer to peer support community.  All who have replied in this thread are HughesNet subscribers, not employees.

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

Maybe one of the Mods could explain how to get the radio off the dish. The problem I see getting someone on the roof.

If you are unable to do the job do you know a handyman? A handyman might be cheaper than an installer from Hughesnet.

Reggie

maratsade

I'd totally get a handyman if the dish were on my roof.  Isn't there a document somewhere on how to remove the radio? (Edit: this document could be provided to whoever would actually remove the radio).  Edit, again: here it is:  http://customer.kb.hughesnet.com/Documents/1041328-0001_a.pdf

Reggie
Teaching Assistant

I can't type that fast. That is the link I was going to post.

maratsade

Glad we found it, an I hope it helps our fellow subscriber. Removing the radio seems fairly easy (though it being on the roof is scary) and I imagine it doesn't require much skill, so maybe a neighbour can help, for free (or for homemade goodies...)?

GabeU

@Mnash wrote:

At least DISH sends packaging for the modem.  

As does HughesNet.  They send an equipment return kit, which includes the box for you to send back the radio, modem and power pack for the modem.  

@Mnash wrote:

Or, instead, you could ask someone to retrieve the radio for you, or you can pay for HughesNet's de-installation service, which I believe costs $99.  The tech will de-install the equipment, but you will still be responsible for sending it back via the equipment return kit. 

The equipment return policy, as well as the optional de-installation service, is explained in the Subscriber Agreement, which is available to all current and prospective HughesNet Customers. 

"Optional Equipment De-installation Service

As an alternative to de-installing and returning applicable Equipment to Hughes yourself (whether before or after the expiration of any Service commitment period), you may request that Hughes de-install the modem, power supply, and radio directly for a fee. The amount of this de-installation charge will be the fee then in effect for this service. In the event you elect to purchase this optional service, you will still be responsible for packing and mailing the equipment back to Hughes using the pre-paid label inside the material return box provided to you by Hughes."