need help, voice service not working

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaymiem
New Poster

need help, voice service not working

So our service got "throttled" about a week ago.  A technician came out and got our internet going again, and was not able to get our voice service to work.  I reset the phone box and still nothing.  The phone has a dialtone but you cannot make or receive calls.  Sounds like this is a problem for many.  Do I need a new phone box?  Do you any timeframe of service?  It hasn't been a full month yet, would I stuck with a hefty payout of the contract? I really need a home phone, we live in an area with little cell service...      Thanks for your help.

4 REPLIES 4
C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

jaymiem,

Have you called into technical support to troubleshoot your device?  You do have the innomedia(I think that's the name) ATA, correct?

yes, I have called in.  I restarted the way that he told me to.  My problem is that I had to drive into town to call in for support, I don't get service at my house so he told me to ask for supprt online.  The device is the innomedia. Do you have any suggestions?

C0RR0SIVE
Associate Professor

I honestly don't have any suggestions as I am not familiar with the Voice System, however, on Monday when the Corporate Reps are back in the office.  When they are, @Liz@Amanda will be able to look into your case notes and see what can be done.

Hi jaymiem,

Thank you for posting and welcome to our community. Let's check the basics first before anything and make sure that your network is correctly connected. Please verify that your HughesNet Modem, ATA and router (if you have one) are hooked up like on page 7 of this document: http://voice.hughesnet.com/activate/docs/InnoVoiceGuide.pdf

-Amanda