Hughesnet Community

need link for old status meter

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bms1649

need link for old status meter

i need the link for the old status meter the new one not working using windows 10
18 REPLIES 18
BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Liz

Hi bms1649,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I hope BirdDog's link helps you. The Status Meter should work with Windows 10, however. Can you please elaborate further on how it's not working for you?

Thanks,
Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Liz, has the new meter been updated since the problems were identified with it awhile back?
Liz

According to the case notes for the Status Meter issue with the cert warnings, the Status Meter was updated yesterday. 

We're checking for more clarification on this update that supposedly happened yesterday.

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I was asking more about it not showing everything the older meter does plus it simply not working at all for some people. There was a survey here to get feedback several months ago so they could correct the problems. I haven't used the new meter since I had the problem with the missing status boxes on the bottom Data Used line.
Liz

Gotcha. This latest update addresses other things, I can check if the status boxes are inlcuded as well.

Dan Traylor

How can I stop the Status Meter  6.5.0  update notice.  I will not update until I know it is fixed.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

You can't stop the notice, Just click on "later".

Steven Angasan

What is the 192 number for the old system screen?

Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Are you looking for the Modems internal SCC?

All Hughes modems are hardwired to 192.168.0.1

That address can not be shared with a switch, router or wireless access point or any other device.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

So, has the new meter been updated to correct the issue with the Data Used bar at the bottom? I really don't want to re-install it just to find the problem still exists.
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

That is what I was wondering also.

The update "nag" screen was gone for a while but now is back. It does however say V.6.5.0 rather than some newer. I can't see an updated version with the same number.

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

I wasn't getting the nag screen either for a couple days but is back now. Would like to update but not gonna do it only find the issue still there.
Liz

Hey guys,

Let me double check that for you. I know the updated version should address the main certificate error concern, not sure if the addressed the labels.

-Liz

Liz

You guys have good timing. The program manager who knows all about the Status Meter updates and such is in our office today. She let me know that 6.5.2 was just released today.

I tested it in our lab and look what's back!

-Liz

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Great! I'll take the dive then knowing I shouldn't hit a rock. Thanks Liz!
Gwalk900
Honorary Alumnus

Thanks Liz,

Looks like it may be safe to get into the water 🙂

BirdDog
Assistant Professor

Installed and seems to be working. Have to double click on tray icon to get it to expand instead of single like old one, but I can live with that.

PS: Just noticed the buy 2 get 1 free option is showing on the Purchase Tokens  screen.