cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

need opinions

need opinions

I'm canceling my hughsnet service. I have access to cable and DSL. On cable I can get 20 mgps for the first 100 GB's then it drops to 5. Its $80 a month. Or I can get DSL which is 10 Mbps with no caps. I would have to get a land line phone with the DSL which could be a benefit I guess. It's about $80 a month to with the phone and internet. I watch Netflix and my son wants to get an Xbox live account. The phone company said I'm close enough to the broadband relay that I would get all 10mgps all the time. I would appreciate any and all opinions.
3 REPLIES 3

Re: need opinions

Hi Billy,

Thanks for posting, but we're sorry to see you go. Hopefully some folks here in the community can give you some useful input.  

Good luck with your future ISP.

Thanks,
Liz

Thanks,
Liz

Did my post answer your question? Accept as Solution to help others find it faster.--------------------------------->

Billy - either of those options should easily meet your needs and be more than fast enough for the activities that you mentioned.
Highlighted

Thanks Liz. I ordered this service without doing my homework. And maybe slight misrepresentation on your sales person part. I was mislead on the fap speed. I was told I would get 1mbps when faped. I get between 50 and 140 kbps. But I thank you for having the one month trial period before being locked into the contract-