Hughesnet Community

'new' 6.5.2 HughesNet Status Meter isn't working in Win10.

cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
bwbalint

'new' 6.5.2 HughesNet Status Meter isn't working in Win10.

'new' 6.5.2 HughesNet Status Meter isn't working in Win10. The old one worked fine. Now with the new, I see the major headings, but no detailed information. the entire box is just blank. When I click on the major headings, 'loading' appears, then stops, but NO information is seen. Blank. There is no way to buy more tokens, as nothing shows up. I have reinstalled this twice, with the same results. Thanks for the help.
26 REPLIES 26
ryocum

The newest status meter shows a blank page on my Windows 7 desktop, just like the screenshot foxbrook shows above. I tried changing the screen resolution, but it made no difference. I would not consider that a solution anyway. At any rate, I have to log onto the hughesnet website in order to view the status meter. There must be something hughesnet can do to fix it.
ryocum

I can't do that, as when I open the status meter, it shows a blank page, so I can't even go into settings to change it.
Liz

Hi ryocum,

piddledink is referring to the compatibility settings via Windows, try this:

http://www.howtogeek.com/howto/10436/using-program-compatibility-mode-in-windows-7/

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

Liz

Hi folks,

While some helpful community members offered some workarounds for this blank screen issue, I found that our developers have fixed this in an upcoming update for the Status Meter. I don't have an ETA yet on when it will be released, but it's coming!

Thank you again for all your feedback!

-Liz
If you have a tech or billing question and need help, please start a new thread in the appropriate board. Unsolicited Private Messages may not get replies.

Slow performance? Click me!

mmthomas54

Yes, I checked the thread before adding my bit.  Neither of the "solutions" made any difference.  I changed the resolution, and I tried different compatibility settings.

I didn't respond before now because I honestly believed that I won't get any help anyway, so I didn't look.

mmthomas54

Since I seem to have your attention now, you might want to know that in the past day or two my browsing was interrupted by Hughesnet wanting me to complete a survey of your service.  Is it wise to annoy someone through an interruption to ask what he thinks of you?